Is Bucky the same age as Cap?

#1 Posted by Shiryu (3505 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey guys. So I've been wondering if Bucky and Steve are the same age. The movies, as we all know, are heavily inspired by the Ultimate universe, and in that universe Bucky and Steve were the same age except Steve stopped aging whereas Bucky continued to do so. I actually would prefer if they were the same age. It puts them on an even level as opposed to hero and sidekick, in my opinion. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Shiryu (3505 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Cap10nate (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: I believe that he is 3 years younger than Steve. Steve's birthday is July 4, 1922. Bucky was born in 1925. In Captain America 50 (vol 5.) it is his birthday, and they do a flashback to 1941 where it was his 16th birthday.

#4 Posted by Shiryu (3505 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Cap10nate (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

@cap10nate: Oh, okay. Thanks. I just didn't know because I'd read somewhere that Steve and Bucky would be the same age in the movies to emulate the Ultimate universe. Adding to my confusion is the fact that the Marvel Cinematic Universe wiki has Cap's date of birth as July 4, 1918 and Bucky's date of birth as March 10, 1919.

Captain America 50 (vol 5.) wouldn't happen to be a movie tie-in, would it?

No. It is the final issue of Brubaker's run before they started the 'Reborn' storyline which brought back Steve and then relaunched the with issue number 600. It was released back in 2009. It is a good story about all the different birthdays that Bucky has had.

They definitely do seem to be the same age in the movie as Bucky applies for the army. In the books, Bucky is raised on the army base after his parents die. He is trained there and they paired him up with Steve whenever he was 16.

#6 Edited by Shiryu (3505 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: Thanks for clearing it up. That was really informative.

#7 Edited by FanboyAsylum (17 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Bucky is either a year or two years older than Steve. Steve's birthday is July 4, 1918, and Bucky's is either March 10, 1917 or March 10, 1916.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.