Follow

Captain America: The First Avenger

Movie » Captain America: The First Avenger released on July 22, 2011.

A brave yet mild-mannered weakling, Steve Rogers, volunteers to undergo experiments to become the world's first Super-Soldier. After the success of the experiments and learning of a Nazi plan, Steve Rogers must rise up as, the one and only, Captain America.

Captain America Movie

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Edited By Nefilim927

So I just got back from the movie and have to say it was very enjoyable.  Very impressed by Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, enjoyed Stanley Tucci's Dr. Erskrine and of course Chris Evans as Cap.  I felt Evans didn't explode off the screen or steal the movie bt did the job of portraying the modest Cap and at no time did I even think about his prior roll as the Human Torch.  The movie is subject to some nonsense as with any, particularly Caps first "mission", but it is pretty brief.  Also enjoyed the fact that Marvel included a few pretty brutal moments for a PG13 film. 
    One being the fate of Bucky, the other being the Hydra guard who caught it by the propeller.
    I also believe Red Skull may be the best Marvel villain to date rivaled only by Loki and really hope he returns at some point.
    progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By progenitorigin

Personally, I loved the movie, Captain America's always been a childhood hero of mine, and the fact that it's a quality movie with great acting, storytelling, and action makes it that much better.  I'm hopefully going to see it again this week.  Kudos to Chris Evans proving me wrong and being a great Steve Rogers. 

One thing I hope is that they.. 
    Make a spin-off movie about Bucky becoming the Winter Soldier.
    I prefer Thor and Captain America to Iron Man, but that's my own personal preference.  I really hope they make The Avengers a knock out of the ball park (btw, Loki's long hair looks awesome).  I hope they eventually manage to incorporate Wolverine into the Avengers as a cameo or something of the like.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

film Red Skull is a far better villain the film Loki......both in terms of the character and the acting ability of the two men.

also saw the movie today and overall found it as good as the first Iron Man and definitely the closest to the material origin done so far though obviously with some changes/meshing 

before going to see it saw alot of people complaining about the ending of the film but I don't see how they could have finished the film any better except for the fact that scene should have been after the credits. The after credits scene was unnecessary and the last scene of the film would have made alot more sense placing it at the end of the credits and then leading into the teaser trailer. But that scene was absolutely necessary. It would have been stupid to open the Avengers movie with that scene because the Avengers is going to be too packed with characters and story anyways that you don't want to start it with a filler scene like that. Plus that scene sets up Cap's mentality for the next film and highlights him as a man out of time, completely unprepared for what is going to happen next, and it brings the love side-story to a somber close.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nefilim927
    @progenitor:  
    I'm with you on Bucky, I felt like them finding him on the table in Zola's office (some sort of brainwashin possibly goin on) and him pickin up the shield at one point were HUGE easter eggs but maybe thats just me. 

@ltbrd
    I didn't mind the last scene but understand where people have an issue with it.  Marvel movies superpower seems to be the ability to shoe horn in the Avengers tie in at all costs. 

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By SpidermanWins

It was great. I'm not sure which was better. The First Avenger or Thor?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

Captain America and Thor, both classic Marvel superheroes - not mutants, kicked ass.

I loved the Captain America movie and am happy to see all the postive feedback indicating that most others did as well.

I hope the Avengers ends up being the crown jewel of the Marvel superhero movies.

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nefilim927

I also enjoyed Arnim Zola, wasn't the largest role but I liked the actor.   
    I loved when Red Skull hands him the keys to his ride.  Also thought it was great that Red Skull's getaway rocket at that time really resembles experimental Nazi craft designs that I've read about.  Very nice touch
    BTW Glad to see some nice feedback on my first blog.
    Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hawk

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osiris1428

I hope that the Cap sequel is about Cap having to fight terrorism in the modern world. I was to see Cap Vs. Crossbones. 

Loki was a better villian because we get see where he is coming from. Thor and Loki really could have just hugged it out, but Loki had to be a  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content. 
    Captain America was far and away the best Marvel Studios movie. And, hey, the black guy didn't die this time!!
    Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Daydream

I hope they bring back Hayley Atwell in the future.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By progenitorigin

I kind of wish they didn't get rid of Namor, but I can see why they did.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osiris1428

Did anyone see the first Human Torch?? Nice touch.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By progenitorigin

I really hope they get the same actor as Bucky for a Winter Soldier spin-off, they could include big names like Black Widow, Captain America & Wolverine.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@Osiris1428 said:

Did anyone see the first Human Torch?? Nice touch.

No, where was he? Use a Spoiler tag  Please
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Osiris1428

No need. Stark Expo. It's an easter egg. I'm going to see it again :)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Nefilim927 said:
    @progenitor:  

Nope, not just you. I thought those were both great little easter eggs, and the part with the shield put a smile on my face ^_^
    Deadman Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Deadman Wade
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @progenitor said:
    I really hope they get the same actor as Bucky for a Winter Soldier spin-off, they could include big names like Black Widow, Captain America & Wolverine.
    The actor who played Bucky is signed on for six movies, so I don't think we have to worry about not having the same actor. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.