Follow

Cannonball

Character » Cannonball appears in 4171 issues.

Cannonball is a mutant with the ability to propel himself through the air like a human rocket. Over the years, Sam Guthrie has grown from a New Mutant, to the leader of the original X-Force, to a full-fledged member of the X-Men. He's currently a U.S. Avenger.

Recommend?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I don't know a whole lot about Cannonball but have been reading up on him. What is coolest thing you have seen him do and is there any comics you can recommend getting about him?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Martian

King of Kings says:

""
    That one I got.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

Cool picture Gambler. Do you know any cool comics with him in it? I read some where that he beat Gladiator, is that one worth getting and which one is that?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian

Thanks, I will look into it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont know. The whole Children of the Vault arc is pretty good. He's featured in that.

Speedfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Speedfreak

cannonball was in a few issues of wolverine leading up to wolverine #100 he was also the man for just about the entire x-force series in the 90's. he's an awesome character. i hope u enjoy all the issues u read about him, even when he joined the x-men in the mid 90's and they made him the little fish in the big pond. he's great poker player by the way(x-men #48) i can't say enough good things about him. he's one of the only members of x-force that cable didn't totally overshadow in the early 90's. his best friend is also one of the most underrated characters in mutantdom(sunspot). he has had relationships with meltdown, and lila cheney. it seemed as if marrow had a crush on him, nothing became of it. he's xavier's dream(at least to me he is). he was a little hick kid who believed in xavier's dream (even though he was a grunt for the hellfire club when you first see him in the new mutants graphic novel)he became cable's star pupil, was the first new mutant to graduate to the x-men(which turned him into a bum besides for beating gladiator), went back to x-force. he's one of the only mutants active in a comic since he was first introduced in the early 80's. he's easily on just about every fantasy x-men team i'd make. in fact i think a future version of him is in a one-shot from the early 90's called the last avengers story. hope i was of some help. peace.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Nobody says:

"Cool picture Gambler. Do you know any cool comics with him in it? I read some where that he beat Gladiator, is that one worth getting and which one is that?"

Yes, buy 200 copies, maybe the one I have will go above cover price in value.

There's New Mutants and X-Force TPBs out there if you want an idea of his early years. My favorite involving him was during the Spider-Man/X-Force crossover where he was revealed to be (possibly, maybe) immortal after getting gutted by Sauron, but I'm biased.

Cannonball2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cannonball2112

The Cannonball battle with Gladiator is in Uncanny Xmen 341 and it has the coolest thing I've ever seen him do in it he absorbs the kinetic energy from gladiators punch and gives it back to him

Cannonball2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cannonball2112

Post Deleted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.