Follow

Canada

Location » Canada appears in 1808 issues.

A country in North America containing 10 provinces and 3 territories.

Canadian Characters in Comics

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
    CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CanadianWolverine

What the heck, I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks of the Canadian characters in comics.

Wolverine and Alpha Flight mainly come to mind ... and IMHO, they suck.

Wolverine is practically American, being on X-men almost 24/7 (like one of our comedians/actors who live south of the border), and he is just about as close to psychopath as you can come and still be considered a "hero".

And Alpha Flight has been wiped out and is now Omega Flight and Guardian is an American? WTF?!?

Please, help me out here, how the heck are Canadians not looking like crap in comics?

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Why does everyone have to make these threads? Ok, you know what, now I'm making one.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Sparda

I'm canadian......and we don't have a single good comic character.

Xénon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xénon

After Wolvie, I'd say Northstar is pretty well known, but that's only 'cause he came out of the closet. =/

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Your right, Wolverine sucks but at least Marvel uses him as there main character. The freakin guy is everywhere.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Aurora, Ajax (Francis), Box (Roger Bochs), Centennial, Cyber, Daydreamer, Deadly Ernest, Deadpool, Diamond Lil, Director (Malcolm Colcord), Double Trouble, Earthmover, Flashback, Flex, Ghost Girl, Gilded Lily, Goblyn, Graviton, Grizzly (Maxwell Markham), Groundhog, Guardian (James Hudson), Heather Hudson (Exiles), Hunter in Darkness, Jerome Jackson, Madison Jeffries, Garrison Kane, Killspree, Major Mapleleaf, Manbot, Manikin, Murmur (Arlette Truffaut), Nemesis (Jane St. Ives), Nemesis (Amelia Weatherly), Night Raven, Northstar, Persuasion, Pink Pearl, Puck, Radius, Sasquatch, Shaman (Michael Twoyoungmen), Silver Fox, Sinew, Smart Alec, Snowbird, Squidboy, Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen), Tigerstryke, Vindicator (Heather MacNeil Hudson), Wendigo (most often), Wolverine, Windshear, Witchfire, Wyre, Zuzha Yu, Yeti, Yukon Jack

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda

Ah, nvm. I like Sasquatch. The rest of em......never heard of most.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

You never heard of Wolverine? Lucky bastard

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sparda

fesak says:

"You never heard of Wolverine? Lucky bastard"

Nope.......what does he do? Dig?

Avatar image for canadianwolverine
    CanadianWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe... Blame Canada. Matt and Trey are comedy geniuses, everyone is game for a parody.

Sparda, you are so right, what good comic book characters do we have? Canadians in comics barely even resemble anything I know from growing up here.

Northstar is homosexual? Hmm, was it just Politically Correct motivated or an actual dimension to the character? Is it just tacked on or does it actually bring substance to the stories, making them more entertaining to read?

Bah, after thinking it over, maybe I should write and draw a comic that features a Canadian character that is actually something fun to read.

I used to have alot of fun reading the Wolverine stuff, but the character has changed into something I just don't have any fun reading anymore. His past was cool, Alberta, BC, Yukon, and "the wild" ... then a romp through Japan and World War 2. Even as a part of a Team consisting of Sabretooth, Silver Fox, and Maverick. That was all kinds of cool. But this stuff with X-men, at least he has played father figure and mentor a few times, but all in all, he is a angry, psychotic drunk. Now he is this nigh immortal and his character seems about as one dimensional as when he first appeared to fight The Hulk. At one time he seemed like a wild child, a warrior for freedom and justice ... now he is just a pain in the ass and I wish the character would push up daisies already.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda

CanadianWolverine says:

"Hehe... Blame Canada. Matt and Trey are comedy geniuses, everyone is game for a parody.Sparda, you are so right, what good comic book characters do we have? Canadians in comics barely even resemble anything I know from growing up here.Northstar is homosexual? Hmm, was it just Politically Correct motivated or an actual dimension to the character? Is it just tacked on or does it actually bring substance to the stories, making them more entertaining to read?Bah, after thinking it over, maybe I should write and draw a comic that features a Canadian character that is actually something fun to read.I used to have alot of fun reading the Wolverine stuff, but the character has changed into something I just don't have any fun reading anymore. His past was cool, Alberta, BC, Yukon, and "the wild" ... then a romp through Japan and World War 2. Even as a part of a Team consisting of Sabretooth, Silver Fox, and Maverick. That was all kinds of cool. But this stuff with X-men, at least he has played father figure and mentor a few times, but all in all, he is a angry, psychotic drunk. Now he is this nigh immortal and his character seems about as one dimensional as when he first appeared to fight The Hulk. At one time he seemed like a wild child, a warrior for freedom and justice ... now he is just a pain in the ass and I wish the character would push up daisies already."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sling Shot

Box is the dude.They just need to use him in his own title.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crazy spidey

lol the Canadian government has already apologized for Bryan Adams, not but Mcfarlene is Canadian so SPawn is kinda Canadian on the inside

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crazy spidey

Oh and Captain Canuck

Avatar image for space_phantom_v6_1
    Space Phantom v6.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasquatch and Talisman along with Northstar are pretty cool!

Avatar image for space_phantom_v6_1
    Space Phantom v6.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Puck and Radius were also cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.