Follow

Calendar Man

Character » Calendar Man appears in 208 issues.

Calendar Man is known for committing crimes that relate to holidays, and significant dates. He is fascinated by dates and calendars; even his real name is a pun on the Julian and Gregorian calendars. He used to be thought of as a joke but has gotten more serious in some issues.

How would you make Calendar Man cool?

Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hush20

This is part 1 of a series of topics I am going to post (One for each day this week) about how to make "lame" Batman villains cool. I seriously need some feedback from you for a Batman project I'm working on. All ideas have to be totally original. No comic book rip offs. The first one is Calender Man. Tomorrow's will be Killer Moth. So load up you best ideas and fire away!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula
    Calendar Man hasn't been lame for a good while. Long Halloween changed that, and pretty much every appearance he has had since then.

If you think Calendar Man is lame you have probably been out of the Batman loop for a while now.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Caligula
    Batman 80 page Giant 2010

has a great story in it about him. tragic and enlightening in both his dementia and Batman's compassion for his enemies.
    Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hush20

No, I do think Calender Man is really cool in recent comics. But you gotta admit, the guy is generally known as a D-list villain. I'm just looking for some original ways to make him cool, not the ones that have already been done by DC. Any suggestions?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Caligula
    @Hush20 said:
    " No, I do think Calender Man is really cool in recent comics. But you gotta admit, the guy is generally known as a D-list villain. I'm just looking for some original ways to make him cool, not the ones that have already been done by DC. Any suggestions? "
    I don't think anything needs to be changed about him, that hasn't already been changed. All that needs to change is for people to read him (not the old gimmicky Calendar Man). And I think perceptions would change. Most people still see him as that gimmick character because the haven't seen his recent involvements.

Now there are other characters that could still use some work. But Calendar Man doesn't, in my opinion.
    Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hush20
    @Caligula:

Now there are other characters that could still use some work.

Such as???
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Caligula
    Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hush20

Admittedly, Crazy Quilt is a moron in a costume brighter than nightclub strobe lights, and Cavalier is a complete waste of comic book ink. Santa Klaus, I honestly do not know enough about the guy to judge him. The article on this site is pretty vague. Firefly and Orca, on the other hand, have serious potential as characters. Of a matter of fact, they weren't all that bad in the comics. What's wrong with them?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caligula
    @Hush20 said:
    "  Admittedly, Crazy Quilt is a moron in a costume brighter than nightclub strobe lights, and Cavalier is a complete waste of comic book ink. Santa Klaus, I honestly do not know enough about the guy to judge him. The article on this site is pretty vague. Firefly and Orca, on the other hand, have serious potential as characters. Of a matter of fact, they weren't all that bad in the comics. What's wrong with them? "
    Crazy Quilt, Could be a Serial Killer obsessed with cutting up peoples skin and making patchwork quilts and clothes out them. Something like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs.

Cavalier Could be a Serial Killer obsessed with Shakespeare and murders victims according to Shakespeare's works.

Santa Klaus could be a German Maniac whom the government attempted to rehabilitate and set up as a Mall Santa, He then relapses and starts killing children with straight razor.

Firefly could be pretty much how he is now, just Darker and obsessed with fire.

Orca be a Human Animal Rights activist who kills Poacher/Whalers.

just some ideas.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

Can't be done.
    Hush20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hush20

Wow. That is pretty awesome. What about Ten-Eyed Man, Maxie Zeus, Killer Moth (NOT Charaxes), and Captain Stingeree?

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
    @Hush20 said:

" Wow. That is pretty awesome. What about Ten-Eyed Man, Maxie Zeus, Killer Moth (NOT Charaxes), and Captain Stingeree? "

well I already like Killer Moth and Maxie Zeus, I'd just make them darker.
    as for Ten-Eyed Man and Captain Stingeree. I'd have to think about it because I'm not too familiar with them.

Maybe Ten Eyed Man could be a psychic, who gets sick of seeing evil visions, and gouges his own eye's out, but still sees supernaturally. It drives him insane, and he makes a necklace of the eyes of his victims. he would be called ten eyed, man because of the ten personalities in his head, that see the visions.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Caligula
    @PowerHerc said:
    " Can't be done. "
    not reading much Batman these days I take it.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Caligula:
    That's right.  Are you saying Calender Man is now cool?
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Caligula
    @PowerHerc said:
    " @Caligula: That's right.  Are you saying Calender Man is now cool? "
    has been for few years now since 1996 he's been getting to be taken far more seriously. He's had a massive re-vamp, making him way more of a serious character and no longer gimmicky

Long Halloween
    and
    His Story in Batman 80 Page Giant 2010

are good examples of his change.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

@Caligula:
    Hm.  I'll have to check some of this out. 

Even if he's not lame anymore, it's hard to believe Calender Man went from a joke all the way to being cool.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Caligula
    @PowerHerc said:
    "

@Caligula:
    Hm.  I'll have to check some of this out. 

Even if he's not lame anymore, it's hard to believe Calender Man went from a joke all the way to being cool.

"
    I recommend the 80 page giant. it's only 6 bucks, and you get 5 separate stories from different Batman Rogues, including Joker, Killer Croc, Riddler, Calendar Man, Humpty Dumpty, and one from Batman. So even if the Calendar Man story ends up disappointing you (which it won't) you will still have 5 other stories that you may like.

The Calendar Man story is sad, it shows Calendar Man's sad mental state and obsessive desperate personality. As well as Batman's compassion for him.
    ferteron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ferteron

The senseless character, but amusing.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Steps

How about that Eraserhead guy

Red_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Red_Jack

Is it just me or does he come across really camp or effeminate. Dunno why but that alone makes him cool considering hes a psycho killer

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

You have to admit, even in his new, creepy, Hannibal Lecter-esque form, the guy doesn't do a whole helluva lot. So just make him the bad guy of a few issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.