what is it about cable ?

#1 Posted by time (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

what is about cable, that x-men writers love, they keep writing for him, the fans can't get enough of him ?

he life is such a struggle, why can't he relaxed, i missed him and domino

caption

caption
what do you think ?
#2 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, everyone goes psycho over Cable but to me he's just another character.

#3 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Domino Yellow?

#4 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Why is Domino Yellow?"

Pale skin + moonlight.
Or colorist error, you choose.
#5 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Mer-Man said:
"Why is Domino Yellow?"

Pale skin + moonlight.
Or colorist error, you choose."
Or she's made of cheese!
#6 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Mer-Man said:
"Why is Domino Yellow?"

Pale skin + moonlight.
Or colorist error, you choose."
Hmmm..... error, I don't like the yellow, prefer if it was a mistake :P
#7 Posted by time (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

cable is so cool

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

He's cool, but this thread is an insult to him.

#9 Posted by time (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

how

#10 Posted by Dark Raider (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Your opening statement makes it seem that way.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

"what is about cable, that x-men writers love, they keep writing for him, the fans can't get enough of him ?

he life is such a struggle, why can't he relaxed, i missed him and domino "

JUST DAMN OPINION ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YET YOU POST IT AS FACT!

#12 Posted by Dark Raider (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to think Time is your arch nemesis, JV. lol

#13 Posted by time (4876 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
""what is about cable, that x-men writers love, they keep writing for him, the fans can't get enough of him ?

he life is such a struggle, why can't he relaxed, i missed him and domino "

JUST DAMN OPINION ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YET YOU POST IT AS FACT!"

it's not fact, it what i think, it's my views, maybe you don't know the difference john.
#14 Posted by Dark Raider (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we all just get along? lol

#15 Posted by time (4876 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Raider, pay no attention john, he always rude.

#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed. I don't know what it is about time that gets you so riled up, John. So the post contains less than perfect grammar and spelling. It contains *gasp* OPINIONS. We all post them every day. Maybe you should just ignore these threads, huh? Seems like it might cut back on your stress levels.

Anyway, it's a good question in my opinion. Fans and X-writers do love Cable. He's been a huge character more or less since his inception. His life is an epic in and of itself. He's travelled across 50 centuries or more, battling Apocalypse, and doing all kinds of sneaky crap that always seems to work out for him somehow. He's been at the center of some major pivotal moments in X-Men history. He has his own ongoing AGAIN. Splitting up him and Deadpool is just testament to what time is saying, really. People want to see more Cable, and writers definitely want to write about him. They even de-powered him and sent him into some backwater future, and he still sells books. Why do you think they (writers and Cyclops) gave him the messiah? Because there is literally no one else who could fill that roll. I know I'm interested in Cable's future, and the story behind the kid. I don't think I'm the only one, either.
#17 Posted by Dark Raider (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Weel put, Korg. As a Cable fanboy, I salute you. lol

#18 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable is one of those characters that adapts to so many different situations. I liked him when he had all his crazy powers, but Marvel has taken them away and actually stuck with it for awhile, so I give Marvel credit for sticking by that. 

So now he's just the ultimate soldier.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable is basically a blank slate.The writers can do so much with him because he's a time traveler and he lost his powers.The possibilities are endless.Any writer would love to be on a book with damn near no boundaries.

#20 Posted by simsey (82 posts) - - Show Bio

cabla is kewl coz he has alot goin on story wise if u think bout it the whole sinister ,apoc,cyc,n jean stories its him  sinister n apoc join togather all the time but hav two complety differents things in mind sinister then wants to kill apoc n he choses cyc n jean grey to make the perfect mutant but it would hav happen naturely  n that is cable

#21 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best things about Cable is you never really quite know what his angle is and when he's written properly he comes off as a masterful planner and a great tactician. He's one of my favorite characters, particularly when he is drawn by someone with an inkling of human anatomy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.