What happens now for Cable?

Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

As you Cable died in the Second coming story arc. What happens now for the exploded hero?

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

They picked up the remnants & put them in the recycling bin...

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"They picked up the remnants & put them in the recycling bin... "

I'm all for recycling but...ouch..kitty has claws!
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"@xerox-kitty said:
"They picked up the remnants & put them in the recycling bin... "
I'm all for recycling but...ouch..kitty has claws! "

I like Cable... it was a meaningful sacrifice, but he'd want us to stay light-hearted ;) 

Besides, what can happen next for a dead character?  They stay dead!  At least for a couple of years till the next creative team comes along & decides to resurrect them :p
#4 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Cable though. I mean, did we even get an explanation for his return after he died in C&D forty-whatever? Far as I recall, he just showed up, and everyone went 'Guess he's not dead'. I mean, even if 'our' Cable is dead, there's probably one in an alternate version of the future he last traveled to building a time machine that doesn't kill everyone who tries to go through for no particular reason. And he'll come back with the Wolverine of that universe, and we'll get TWICE as many Wolvie titles per month, thus causing mass deforestation, at which point someone from the future will travel back in time to assassinate Rob Liefeld, in an attempt to stop Cable from ever existing. At which point Peter David will yell at the assassin for not killing Louise Simonson instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.