The virus won, I thought

#1 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

How come in Cable 17 he was almost completly taken by the Techno-Organic virus, but in 18, which I undertstand was a while later, he was back to normal (normal for him anyways)?
#2 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

his tk kicked back in. it attacks him but he overcomes it with a bit of struggle.

#3 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

So he just undid all the spreading?
#4 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"So he just undid all the spreading? "

yes now "don't ask don't tell" it works for more than just the marine
#5 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" So he just undid all the spreading? "
yes. the same way your own body fights any infection.
Cable has been doing this pretty much since he's been around.
if he gets severally injured and or his vitals go down the virus gains
momentum.
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
"So he just undid all the spreading? "

That's what I don't get.  His TO virus is meant to be permanent. Irreversable.  That's why the Askani took him into the future, to stop it from spreading any further.  It's meant to be that if it spreads, it stays spread; flesh can not be regrown where metal has taken over...  But there's been a few things in this new Cable series that don't make sense considring the character's background.
#7 Posted by Edamame (28080 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Didn't Cable use Deadpool's healing factor once? Maybe that helped him rid the TO virus. ..
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe it was only reversible when he was a baby (no control yet over the use of his tk).
that or Unstable Molecules / Magic Plot Bullet ftw

#9 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"maybe it was only reversible when he was a baby (no control yet over the use of his tk). that or Unstable Molecules / Magic Plot Bullet ftw "

So you are guessing that any new spreading can be reversed but the part that happend before is perminate?
#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: 
no not at all. im guessing plot hole. it was established that it was irreversible
earlier on, but the fact seems to have been ignored later on, with the exception
of the left side of Cables body. (and i realize the fault in that is that his heart would be TO, 
but i think it comes down to that the writers dont care and just went ahead with it)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.