Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3590 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

The Possible return of Cable full powered cable? (SPOILERS)

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

Edited By DATNIGGA

In the recent X sanction Hope cured Cable of the TO virus

No Caption Provided

& cable says to cyclops '' I will be there when you need me sometime in the future dad''

its obvious hes not dieing anymore

but does this mean the return of...

No Caption Provided

Full powered unhindered cable?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

Udon. Fcking love Udon.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lord I would hope so. He's great and all, but you can never quite forget that he could always be so much more. If the virus is really gone then there should be nothing stopping him from attaining his full power once more...unless Marvel pulls something and weakens him like they did Nate.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WildStyle

All will be right with the world if he does. Make it happen Marvel.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

You probably shoulda put 'spoilers' in there somewhere.

As for full-powered Cable they'll give him back the techno-organic virus sooner or later, they always do.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

Lord I would hope so. He's great and all, but you can never quite forget that he could always be so much more. If the virus is really gone then there should be nothing stopping him from attaining his full power once more...unless Marvel pulls something and weakens him like they did Nate.

This is Marvel so I wouldn't get your hopes up. While I do find it ironic that now Nate is the one with the low power, I don't see it being for much longer. They probably will use Cable at full potential or near Jean Grey (without Phoenix) level for a time (perhaps AvX) then something will happen that will force him to be limited again.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

This is Marvel so I wouldn't get your hopes up. While I do find it ironic that now Nate is the one with the low power, I don't see it being for much longer. They probably will use Cable at full potential or near Jean Grey (without Phoenix) level for a time (perhaps AvX) then something will happen that will force him to be limited again.

Unfortunately, Cable had Deadpool lobotomize the portion of his brain that controlled his mutant powers so he shouldn't be terribly powerful. At the same time, he did take Cyke to the astral plane so at least a bit of his powers have come back.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@ReVamp said:

Udon. Fcking love Udon.

QFMFT

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@The_Peter_Cosmic: Well, it could be chalked up to Hope healing him when she cured him of the T-O Virus, though he used what looked like psi-bolt on Rulk in X-Sanction so he had powers though to what extent is unknown.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @ReVamp said:

Udon. Fcking love Udon.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By GTG12

sweet

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

@TheGreyOutcastX: I'd forgotten about the psi bolt, but you're right. Cable's powers have always been so inconsistent that it's probably anyone's guess at this point.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@The_Peter_Cosmic: Inconsistent is a good way to put it. For all we know, he could have strong telepathy and weak TK (which wouldn't be so bad actually, gives him reasons to still carry all the guns he does.)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yeah i figure they healed him just in time that he still has recovery time until the last second when Hope is consumed by the Phoenix and is about to destroy the world and the Avengers are about to attempt taking out Hope and i think Cable will take whatever shot the avengers try on hope and that will either drive Hope to the point of destroying, controlling, or expelling the Phoenix force or Cable could take her place as the Phoenix host so he is the one destroyed by the Avengers and the Phoenix will either die with him, take him back to the White Room or just disappear.

In short Cable was saved to eventually save the day at the last moment of the AvX saving mutant kind, the world, and Hope while giving his life to protect Hope.

@DATNIGGA said:

No Caption Provided

this is awesome i haven't been reading for more then 6 years... When did this happen?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DEGRAAF said:

Yeah i figure they healed him just in time that he still has recovery time until the last second when Hope is consumed by the Phoenix and is about to destroy the world and the Avengers are about to attempt taking out Hope and i think Cable will take whatever shot the avengers try on hope and that will either drive Hope to the point of destroying, controlling, or expelling the Phoenix force or Cable could take her place as the Phoenix host so he is the one destroyed by the Avengers and the Phoenix will either die with him, take him back to the White Room or just disappear.

In short Cable was saved to eventually save the day at the last moment of the AvX saving mutant kind, the world, and Hope while giving his life to protect Hope.

@DATNIGGA said:

No Caption Provided

this is awesome i haven't been reading for more then 6 years... When did this happen?

It was during Cable and Deadpool. I forget the issue. But that picture is seriously misleading if not shown in context. Surfer speed blitzed, Cable never did a thing to Surfer besides break his board.....then this happened:

Don't mess with the surfer dude. He's got mad eyebeams that even make Cyke jelly.
    Don't mess with the surfer dude. He's got mad eyebeams that even make Cyke jelly.

In short, Surfer one shotted Messianic Cable and that was the end of that.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DATNIGGA

@TheGreyOutcastX: Cosmic heros > Omega level mutants... well unless your Franklin

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DATNIGGA said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Cosmic heros > Omega level mutants... well unless your Franklin

This is correct. Or unless the Omega level mutant has a cosmic entity inside of you like Phoenix or the Life Force.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DATNIGGA

@TheGreyOutcastX: Yea good point

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF

@TheGreyOutcastX: Thanks yea from the first pic i thought Cable was holding his own in a fight with the Silver Surfer. That issue looks pretty sweet. I've never seen Silver Surfer use eye beams

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@DEGRAAF said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: Thanks yea from the first pic i thought Cable was holding his own in a fight with the Silver Surfer. That issue looks pretty sweet. I've never seen Silver Surfer use eye beams

No problem.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Kallarkz

seeing that Cable has his mechanical arm back in Marvel Now this event might be retconned.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By lorex

As much as I would like Cable to be at his full power it is highly unlikely as it would be hard to come up with credible threats in a monthly title. I hope he does not heve his powers reduced like X-Mans were in New Mutants. 
    I good mix of powers both tep and tek would be telepathy around Emmas level and telekensis strong enough to handle most physical threats.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@Kallarkz said:

seeing that Cable has his mechanical arm back in Marvel Now this event might be retconned.

It's not a mechanical arm but more like a weapon wrapped on his arm. In some solicits you can see his regular arm is exposed under the mech arm. They did seem to retconn hope curing his arm because it seems to be atrophied in Marvel point one book that came out.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By fodigg

Didn't we already see him go to Forge and ask him to "fix me"? I think the TO virus left him disabled, even though it's gone.

EDIT:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@Kallarkz said:

It's not a mechanical arm but more like a weapon wrapped on his arm. In some solicits you can see his regular arm is exposed under the mech arm. They did seem to retconn hope curing his arm because it seems to be atrophied in Marvel point one book that came out.

Ah, that's where it was from. Okay, so the arm is there it's just not fully functional.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

Didn't we already see him go to Forge and ask him to "fix me"? I think the TO virus left him disabled, even though it's gone.

EDIT:

@EnSabahNurX said:

@Kallarkz said:

Ah, that's where it was from. Okay, so the arm is there it's just not fully functional.

it would have been nice if the to virus was gone for good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.