The Only Manifestation of a Fully Powered Cable?

#1 Edited by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio

Is "Cable & Deadpool: Burnt Offering" the only trade paperback, in which we see a fully powered Cable? 

Also, what is the best Cable and Deadpool trade paperback in your opinion? Meaning good plot, etc.

#2 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all my Cable trades (which is the majority of the Cable trades out in soft-cover) 
As far as I know, he's most powerful in the first two story archs.

I'd have to say the second trade is my favorite, because of all the supporting characters, X-Men, Six-Pack, etc. And you get to see Cable torn down, which wasn't an easy feat. 

Awesome action, cool cover, some legit-funnies from DP, and Cable centered. :D

#3 Edited by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiceFox: Trade paper backs. So just Cable/Deadpool Volumes 1 and 2? In other words, "The Burnt Offering" and "If Looks Could Kill?"

Thanks for the answer, by the way.  : )
#4 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so, but even though I like to think I know a good amount about the character, I'm still not 100% sure.

But, as far as I know, those two trades. Yeah.

No problem.

#5 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiceFox: Thanks. It is a pity that you can't buy Burnt Offering on Amazon.  Do you happen to know of any other places? 

Thanks for your help.
#6 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, yeah. From time to time, vol. two shows up at TFAW.com,  that's how I got it, but there's no guarantee it'll be there.

Sorry that it's so hard to find, but it's so worth it, if you find it.

#7 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiceFox: Is it safe to buy from there?
#8 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, yeah. It's the Hellboy sales headquarter. Awesome site. Checkout the nick&dents, they're a steal.

#9 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiceFox: Maybe Volume 2 is better than Volume 1?   : D
#10 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh? Yeah. They're both really good though.

I think I liked how the series started, way more than how it ended.

#11 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, I just remembered. They released "Deadpool & Cable Vol. 1" Which is the first twelve issues of "Cable & Deadpool"

#12 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiceFox: Cool. Actually it is issues 1-18, no? That is what they said on Amazon. They have Burnt Offering on Amazon, but for some reason it is not in stock and you have to buy from "other sellers."  I don't want to do that.  Why can't they just get more stock?
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread has become an advertisement. Epic. xD
#14 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: 

Oh, yeah! That's true, so score!

And it's an older series, so I don't think they're printing them anymore, except in those larger volumes.
#15 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: I heard that those two were going all around the world fighting and Cable was rebuilding everything that was destroyed in the process? Pretty awesome. 
#17 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

" @LT1085: I heard that those two were going all around the world fighting and Cable was rebuilding everything that was destroyed in the process? Pretty awesome.  "

Ya, that sh1t was intense!   
#18 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame said:

" @LT1085: I heard that those two were going all around the world fighting and Cable was rebuilding everything that was destroyed in the process? Pretty awesome.  "

"
Until his arm got blown off.
#19 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @LT1085 said:
" @Edamame said:

"
Until his arm got blown off. "
Well is IS the Silver Surfer we are talking about here...SILVER SURFER. Of course he isn't going to WIN. *shakes head in disappointment*
#20 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame said:
" @LT1085 said:
" @Edamame said:

"
Until his arm got blown off. "
Well is IS the Silver Surfer we are talking about here...SILVER SURFER. Of course he isn't going to WIN. *shakes head in disappointment* "
lol

It is unfortunate that Burnt Offering is the only story arc in which we see a fully powered Cable.
#21 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Ya, but the arc was awesome. Maybe he'll get his powers back after he returns from the future with x-force...but probably with a self imposed limit so that he doesn't get the whole "god complex" thing again.
#22 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame:  Ya, but the arc was awesome. Maybe he'll get his powers back after he returns from the future with x-force...but probably with a self imposed limit so that he doesn't get the whole "god complex" thing again. "
Burnt Offering was the best because you see a man who is willing to sacrifice his life to show the world that benevolence can be obtained in society.  He put too much on his shoulders though.  Too ambitious.  Yes. I don't want him to burn out again. 
#23 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Maybe he is grooming Hope to be his successor. Like a polar opposite of Apocolype and Stryfe.
#24 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame:  Maybe he is grooming Hope to be his successor. Like a polar opposite of Apocolype and Stryfe. "
Possibly.  Hope might fill in his shoes, fulfilling his past role.

True. Apoc. and Stryfe and even Sinister wanted to use her as a host body because of her incredible raw power.
#25 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: I don't mean as a host though. More like an apprentice; A student being groomed to to what the master could not.
#26 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame: I don't mean as a host though. More like an apprentice; A student being groomed to to what the master could not. "
I know what you meant in regards to Hope and Cable. I was just telling you what Sinister, Apoc. and Stryfe wanted to do with her.
#27 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Oh ya, I know what they wanted to do. Cable is one of my favorite characters ever.
#28 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Edamame: Oh ya, I know what they wanted to do. Cable is one of my favorite characters ever. "
I admire his strength; to continuously live with a virus (the TO virus) and still fight for justice in the world.

I pity him for the pain that Apocalypse put on him.  That really is malevolent. Imagine giving a five month year old baby a virus that can kill you instantly.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.