Stephen Lang as Cable in a live action movie, anyone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Edamame (28139 posts) - - Show Bio

The Stephen Lang from the Avatar film that debuted in 2009.

Would he be a good actor?

He is the perfect militaristic soldier type that would fit Cable's description.

#2 Posted by Edamame (28139 posts) - - Show Bio

BAH.

Guess not.  = D

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the guy... but when I saw the title, I thought you meant Stephen Lang.  Sorry... but this is a comics site :)

#4 Posted by Edamame (28139 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Cable is a comic book character and there is a similar thread that did not get locked.  : )

This one:

http://www.comicvine.com/apocalypse/29-7612/in-a-rise-of-apocalypse-movie-who-could-play-en-sabah-nur-in/92-526360/#12
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @xerox-kitty: Cable is a comic book character "
No really?!  I would never have guessed. 

I was referring to your confusing title that referred to an obscure X-Men villain as Cable. 

@Edamame said:
"and there is a similar thread that did not get locked.  : )  This one:   http://www.comicvine.com/apocalypse/29-7612/in-a-rise-of-apocalypse-movie-who-could-play-en-sabah-nur-in/92-526360/#12 "
That is an older thread that this one & doesn't seem to be related in any way to this one.
#6 Posted by Edamame (28139 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

@Edamame said:
"and there is a similar thread that did not get locked.  : )  This one:   http://www.comicvine.com/apocalypse/29-7612/in-a-rise-of-apocalypse-movie-who-could-play-en-sabah-nur-in/92-526360/#12 "
That is an older thread that this one & doesn't seem to be related in any way to this one. "
They are related because both talk about potential actors for comic book characters to play in live action movies. For instance, in the thread I posted as a reference, CATMANEXE mentions that Michale Clark Duncan can play as Apocalypse.  here I am talking about Stephen Lang, an actor who played in Avatar film, to play as Cable. I see no difference, except for difference with Cable and Apocalypse.
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That was a thread asking how could play Apocalypse.  That's why it's in the Apocalypse forum, not the Cable forum.  But you can't ask for pre-existing threads to be closed when you make a duplicate. 

But to be more accurate, since this is about casting Cable then this thread is a duplicate of Who could Play Cable?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.