Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3580 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

Off My Mind: Why Cable's Return Makes Sense [Spoilers]

• 59 results
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By frogjitsu

@Grim: Seriously, It's like the commentary on that "The Incredibles" bonus cartoon, "Why does the black superhero have to get captured!?"

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Heres a thought... &Imma just go ahead &throw this one out there... IT DOESNT ACTUALLY MAKE ANY SENSE... think about it...... he was FULLY taken over by the virus (kinda klling him, slowly) then got caught in a temporal explosion that could destroy prettymuch anything (killing him again, instantly) &u guys expect us to believe the well only the tecno organic part of him was left soooo....... -_-

All im sayin is.. u guys better atleast be gettin a decent "stimulus package" to be TRYING to sell us all this bullshit all the time

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By frozenedge2

Great it looks like they're trying to make Hope seem important again since she hasn't really saved mutantkind yet. Whatever happened to Scarlet Witch repowering mutants? Anyone know

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By SevanGrim

@frozenedge said:

Great it looks like they're trying to make Hope seem important again since she hasn't really saved mutantkind yet. Whatever happened to Scarlet Witch repowering mutants? Anyone know

well marvel teased that the two of them will be improtant in spring (Hope and Scarlett) so maybe...

idk. i am back to not caring about Marvel. I only care about Wonder Man, and why exactly they are trying to ruin one of my favoritesthatr they havent bothered in over a decade, and eventually i'll pick up the trades for whatever title brought X-man back into the fold to see if they ruined him or not. But judging by how they treated Falcon... i have low hopes.

XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By XMASCATEXE

Blaquesmith looks so sad! Who made you sad Blaquesmith, tell us!

iSnikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iSnikt

This is the biggest disappointment of 2011 easily. The art is trash, It looks like a knock off "Duke Nukem", sorry I do not see Cable or Captain America being in favor of this mediocre, no heart in this effort at all. The story is ridiculous and the art is the worst rendition of super heroes ever. I'm going to burn this comic I wish I never had laid eyes on the preview. "NUFF SAID!"

iSnikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By iSnikt

@DXmagma said:

I could care less if he's not involved with Deadpool.

DEADPOOL = FILTH

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By windcaster

I doubt they keep him alive but he is one of my favorite characters so I wouldn't personally be pissed of as most. I think if he where to live Nate and or Rachael would be the key. I could be possible be why marvel decided to reunite the Summers-Grey family.

Tempest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Tempest55

So how did Cable time travel back? What technology did he use? I recall in second coming they could only time jump forwards and only once.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.