Off My Mind: How Will Cable be REBORN?

• 86 results
#51 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable coming back from the dead is seriously too soon.  Leave him dead for a bit!

#52 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

By coming out of a Vagina?
#53 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable should come back the same as he left. He is a great character and I bet he will be needed after this schism is finished.
#54 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

it is too damn early to bring him back, especially with his death being selfless. i mean, i have never seen someone in comics die like he and nightcrawler did. not interested. 

#55 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's some possibilities.  

1) Magneto further redeems himself by going into deep meditation on top of a mountain and reassembling Cable based on the techno-organic properties of his severed arm. 

2) Cable's mind takes over Stryfe's body shortly the severed arm incident. Maybe Stryfe just happens to be in the area code. 

3) Cable's mind found an empty body to reside in. They've hinted at stuff like this at the end of X3 movie where Prof-X wakes up in another body which has been in a coma. 

4) Age of Apocalypse Jean and Wolverine do it the old fashion style and in pops Cable's mind from the astral plane :P
#56 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4214 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeadDorf said:

Hah, "scarifying"!

I knew someone would beat me to it haha.
I actually dig cable and how he went out seemed fitting.
It's to early to bring him back, I don't even miss him yet...
#57 Posted by AfternoonWalker (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be cool if a younger cable traveled to post schism and thought it was an alternate timeline all together
#58 Posted by g33ky monk3y (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m not happy about this for two reasons. One is, yeah, too soon. The way he sacrificed himself during Second Coming was amazing. I love heroic deaths like that. Cheesy or poorly written, like Nightcrawler’s, not so much. The other reason I’m not happy: Jeph Loeb. I used to love his stories, but now I can’t stand them. He ruined the Ultimate universe, had a crappy start with the whole Red Hulk stuff, and now he’s going to twist the mutants into nonsense. I bet the series will be delayed and not make a lot of sense, even though Loeb will claim it’s a mystery with clues all over the place since the beginning (something he spouted in interviews while writing Hulk). I love Cable and although it would be great to see him back in the thick of things, I’m okay with how he died and basically fulfilling his ultimate mission.

#59 Posted by justafan (133 posts) - - Show Bio

obviously, cable was shot by a time bullet at the moment of the explosion and his spirit was sent back in time.

#60 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe X-Man's powers go haywire and threaten to consume the whole Marvel Universe. Then Hope shoves Cable's severed arm up X-Man's @$$ and all is good again... Cable is reborn :)
#61 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrSeaman70 said:
Maybe X-Man's powers go haywire and threaten to consume the whole Marvel Universe. Then Hope shoves Cable's severed arm up X-Man's @$$ and all is good again... Cable is reborn :)
X-man lost almost all his powers in new mutants and basically just has limited TK and possibly they might throw some other low level version of his other powers down the line
#62 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Its either a younger version of Cable with all his life experience, or his son Tyler Dayspring.

#63 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

This could also have something to do with some other AoA that's coming. I'm pretty sure they're doing another one soon, right? I feel like I've heard that somewhere.

#64 Posted by Grandmaster_Fro (45 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cable will be reborn, and by looking at the picture, it looks like he'll be raised by Deadpool. That could be interesting

#65 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grandmaster_Fro said:
So Cable will be reborn, and by looking at the picture, it looks like he'll be raised by Deadpool. That could be interesting

LMAO. thats an old pic from the Cable and Deadpool series, where Cable was briefly transformed into an infant
#66 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (516 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, X-man just came back...what if OUR Cable gets his mind put in X-man's body and he joins the New Mutants again.  It would  keep with the trend of former New Mutants returning to the team (hello Rahne anybody?) and would be a great twist for him to rejoin as a peer not as an older leader.

The teaser picture with the arm could be just that...a teaser...but who know?

#67 Posted by markdienekes (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dro said:

Why the hell do they keep letting Loeb ruin my favorite characters!? First Hulk, now Cable? I swear to God if they don't retcon Loeb's lobotomization of the Marvel canon I'm going to firebomb their offices. Two words that should never go together: Hulk Family.

Loeb is responsible for quite a lot of Cable's backstory - and really defined him back in the mid 90s. Hopefully he can recapture his form from then, as he wrote a very good Cable indeed.
#68 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

When you kill a character... keep.them.Dead!

#69 Edited by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

This is way too early to bring back Cable from the dead. It's barely been a year. But still considering Leob has already done Cable in the past, I'm quite interested to see what he will do with him this time round. It's got to be better than the last Cable series. It was just Cable and Hope being chased by Bishop and jumping around different time dimensions for about 20 issues =/

#70 Posted by greenlucario (210 posts) - - Show Bio
@marvelunivers: yeah for sure, i mean if any one deserves to come back from second coming it's Kurt, no doubt.
#71 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrSeaman70 said:
While X-man is depowered at the moment and I think the process of him being reborn would be a bit more complicated than the one described above (;p), in the back of my head I have been wondering if they depowered X-man in order to somehow at one point place Cables consciousnesses in his body. Thereby killing X-man and giving Cable life once again.
#72 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it is too damn early. its just been what now, a year and a half? 

#73 Posted by lapis2 (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping he would stay dead forever.  The less gun toting shoulder pad and superfluous pouch wearing mutants the better imo. 

#74 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio

he should come back with the orginal x force team.
#75 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

always been a cable fan and always will be.  Not sure what i think of them bringing him back so soon but if they have a story to tell I will listen.

#76 Posted by MYX (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I think having Cable and X-Man around is confusing. Cable should merge with X-Man. Send is consciousness through time to X-Man's body.

#77 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe X-Man becomes Cable

#78 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be very confusing and convoluted. I hate the time traveling stories in Xmen.

#79 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Except Days of future past. That is.

#80 Edited by Psimitar (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think the real Cable died in Second Coming.  I think that the real Cable has been lost in the past since the X-Force and Cabled limited series and the Cable we've seen ever since was the Cable from the House of M that started out as a baby.  His techno-virus was cured as of Cable and Deadpool #12; the T-O was a symbiotic bond.  Yet in Cable Vol3 #16 he's overtaken by the virus.  That shouldn't be possible.  I believe the Cable we've seen began as a baby created by Mr. Sinister during the House of M.  Deadpool teleported the baby back to 616 reality (Cable and Deadpool #18) and with the other alternate realities's Cable essences (War, Brother Nathan, and the TO Virus Cable) gave the baby Cable's memories so that that baby actually thought it was Cable.  This was the Cable seen for the remainder of Cable and Deadpool, the issues of X-Men leading up to #200 and from Messiah Complex on.  But the real Cable is lost somewhere in the timestream and most likely has no idea about Hope.  Let's not forget that Cable's knowledge of the future no longer matters since his timeline was erased after the X-Men prevented Apocalypse from ascending during the Twelve storyline.

In all honesty, I'm really just ticked that for the Second Coming story to be told, the writers conveniently forgot everything Fabian Nicieza did to Cable in Cable and Deadpool, i.e. he couldn't have let the Techno-Virus overtake him because he doesn't have the virus anymore (again, see Cable and Deadpool #12).  But I would rather take that weak writing and use it to bring Cable back in such a way that it negates everything Swierzinski, Carey, Kyle and Yost did to ret-con Cable so they could tell their story.  It'll be like flipping them the proverbial bird.

#81 Posted by kimeraevet (188 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly is the T-O virus supposed to kill Cable when Apocalypse and Archangel are infected with the same T-O virus. If anything, wouldn't the T-O virus evolve Cable into what Apocalypse wanted him to be? A new body in which Apocalypse can exist? Or in which the Celestials evolutionary plan can continue? With the current Dark Angel storyline going on, it seems to reason that like Archangel, Cable will turn into the new Death and eventually become the new Apocalpyse. I know that there has been multiple plots involving what would happen if the T-O took over his whole body, but given the recent events in Uncanny X-Force maybe the information on the T-O virus should be updated.

#82 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

rip cable

#83 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Why bringing cable back so soon when corsair is still dead? was I the only one who liked him?

#84 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@notarandomguy said:

Why bringing cable back so soon when corsair is still dead? was I the only one who liked him?

Nope. I miss classic Starjammers.

#85 Posted by ulrich200 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb... Be afraid. Be very afraid.

#86 Edited by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the Cable returning will not be the same Cable that died in Second Coming but a younger verson of Cable who knows that this time is important but may not know the players involved on a personal level like he did before. I seem to recall in Cables convoluted back story that he had been to the past out past or recent history at several points. Also I wonder will the Avengers have the courtesy and tell Cyclops that his son is alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.