Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3590 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

Must-read Cable

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By davelecave

Where should I get started if I want to read some of Cable's history (pre-Messiah Complex)?

Avatar image for the_bride_of_nine_spiders
    The_Bride_Of_Nine_Spiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The listed story arcs of a character here is a good guide (X-Cutioners Song is essential Cable BTW). To start you off I would personally say begin with Askani' Son. There's prior history of Cable being younger, but not as essential to knowing the character as it is to other characters involved, whereas Askani' Son handles Cable himself and where he began becoming the man he would be. Obviously read the actual volumes of Cable in chronological order (I've yet to meet the person who did this and was disappointed).

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MetropolisKid41

I would recommend the first 25 issues of X-FORCE volume 1(the first 100 issues are damn good but the first 25 are the best in my opinion), the 2 part Cable mini from 1991 or 1992 and then the entire 1st volume of the Cable Ongoing. Some really awesome stories in there, unfortunately a lot of it isn't collected, so you'll have to get the single issues, but you can snag them off of ebay pretty cheap nowadays. You can realistically win a bunch of lots that gets a good portion of the issues in your hands for less than 50 cents each including shipping. He is one of my favorite characters and I really love the first volume of Cable and X-FORCE, they are essential reads for any fan of the X books in my opinion. And if you can't find them, at least pick up the X-Cutioners Song Trade as suggested by The_Bride_Of_None_Spiders, that is a must read!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.