Messiah War One Shot, Does Bishop Just Need A Cookie?

Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

LOLOL. I agree with this review.

And i Loved Neena's interaction with the "old friend." And Josh's concern for his friends, plus Logan's promise to return and get them back safely, leaves me with hope that Tabitha will be saved!

Good issue.

#2 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't remember if I edited it out but this is the typical "jumping on point" for new readers.

Staff
#3 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF are u eating

#4 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Not cookies.

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

I realized that. Dipping something in milk

#6 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

turkey leg

#7 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkchild said:
"WTF are u eating"
Vanilla creme sandwich cookies.  Soooo good.
Staff
#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Darkchild said:
"WTF are u eating"
Vanilla creme sandwich cookies.  Soooo good."
Oooooo....that sounds good.
#9 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

They're all natural too.  So that makes them healthy right?  They're from a grocery store called "Trader Joes."  Yummy yummy.  I really think that if someone gave Bishop a cookie, he wouldn't be so dang angry.  Especially if he got some nice cold milk with it.  When did he become so angry?  He's been around the Marvel U for some time now.  All of a sudden he remembers that a mutant girl is born and will be the cause of his horrible future?  Did I just miss an issue or something?  It's like Messiah Complex came and all of a sudden, he just goes wacky.

Staff
#10 Posted by mrsummers (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked that issue!

#11 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

mmmmm....cookies.....

#12 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...need to go get this.

#13 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not essential reading, but it was a good read.

#14 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"It's not essential reading, but it was a good read."

Yah but X-force is on my list.....so it only makes since.
#15 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"They're all natural too.  So that makes them healthy right?  They're from a grocery store called "Trader Joes."  Yummy yummy.  I really think that if someone gave Bishop a cookie, he wouldn't be so dang angry.  Especially if he got some nice cold milk with it.  When did he become so angry?  He's been around the Marvel U for some time now.  All of a sudden he remembers that a mutant girl is born and will be the cause of his horrible future?  Did I just miss an issue or something?  It's like Messiah Complex came and all of a sudden, he just goes wacky."
I think it depends on the future always changing. He already prevented the future that created him and now that he has no future he adapts to the future that will appear next. The future is in constant flux, so is he. First it was the ominous "traitor" tat he was after and that should bring the end of the X-Men. That traitor came but he didn't succeed in killing the X-Men. His future was history. The baby was not thereat this point  to mess the future up with the mutant camps and all so he didn't remember her. Now that she was there she was part of his past/future too. We had the same thing with Age of Apocalypse. But it might just be bad writing as well.
#16 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's a recap basically? I didn't read X-Force. I don't know enough about Cable. But great review.

#17 Posted by danhimself (22564 posts) - - Show Bio

my problem with bishop's future is that the x-traitor he was sent back to stop was supposed to have been onslaught but he was stopped so bishop's future should have never happened but now they're saying that the reason his future is all messed up is because of the baby....i think bishop's a nutcase

"wolverine are you a telepath now?"...lol....that was my favorite part of the book in fact that may be my favorite part out of any of the books this week
#18 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I wanna know why that character was a thousand years in the future.  Time travel or just...longevity? 

Staff
#19 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Yeah, I wanna know why that character was a thousand years in the future.  Time travel or just...longevity?  "
He did say he waited a "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time"....
#20 Posted by G-Man (34458 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet he's stinky.  I like when Domino asks how he's there.

"Guns."

Wonder if he was the Emperor of North America.  Then again, it doesn't look like there's really much around.

Staff
#21 Posted by DrSumtincool (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Bishop disappear in the time stream around the time of the Twelve?  If that is the case then may be marvel will just say he has "new" memories of his future because he left the present.  It is the same with Nathan, just a different circumstance.

#22 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
"Yeah, I wanna know why that character was a thousand years in the future.  Time travel or just...longevity?  "
I think its longevity...I like when Wolverine said he was killing him
#23 Posted by copymanrules (49 posts) - - Show Bio

boom boom gone what the hell, isnt this story over yet lets get it going its dragging on and on .....love the art though

#24 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

luv his war torn coustome

#25 Posted by Erik (32817 posts) - - Show Bio
G-Man said:
That character is supposed to be cursed with life I believe. He cannot die no matter what. 
#26 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
copymanrules said:
"boom boom gone what the hell, isnt this story over yet lets get it going its dragging on and on .....love the art though"
it's the second issue.

Babs said:
"So it's a recap basically? I didn't read X-Force. I don't know enough about Cable. But great review."
for the most part.

#27 Posted by scuzz2.0 (273 posts) - - Show Bio

ive not read this yet but im dieing to know, is Stryfe the guy bishop goes to for help?

#28 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude I think Bishop was once a fairly cool character and hes gone so massively downhill, I mean making a deal with that guy of all people? seriously low but now we get to see a legendary rivalry we haven't seen in a long time and I'm really curious to know how they'll work that with Cable totally depowered, it doesn't seem like the character he'd let X-Force try to take down without him. I felt also, that they spent too long on the recap, I mean its a one-shot and the story continues in Cable but the people who've been reading Cable don't need a recap 'cause they already know. Just felt like they spent too long on that stuff and wasted pages that could have had more story developement. I'm totally curious to see how the little girl will develop, when I first saw her with red hair I thought "reincarnated jean grey no. 99 incoming" but it feels like they're building to something that'll tie up a lot of loose ends (hopefully).

#29 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the X-men major time travelers are here and they even manage to include Deadpool, this just gave me a crazy thought what if Bishop hired Deadpool to cap the Hope kid, that would be awesome it can lead to 1 or 2 things 1. Elixir heals her and they continue on their journey or 2. it causes her powers to manifest and we see what she can feally do. Deadpool has to be there to kill the kid if not why else is he there give Cable a 1000 year over due hug?

Great issue!

#30 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

I really loved this issus.

#31 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

That's right, give the delluded heroic guy a cookie.  That'll stop him from killing the anti-christ/saviour of the mutant race (personally, I don't see him as a bad guy, just one with a different agenda).

#32 Posted by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

While a lot of the issue was flashback, I felt it was a good flashback because it gave new readers the ability to catch up with all the important stuff... like the entire plot of Cable thus far, babysitting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.