How should they do it?

#1 Edited by shrmntnk62 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

There are several dozen threads about who differant folks should play Cable. But if (and hopefully when) a movie is eventually made how should they do it? Would it be only in the future? Only in the present? A flash back scence with parents in the present who look eariliy similar to Scott & Jean sending him into the future? I love Cable, he's one of my favorite comic charecters and I would love to see him in a movie, I just don't have a damned clue how they could pull it off to appeal to more than just us comic nerds. What do you think?

#2 Posted by Renchamp (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cable should simply be a character in a movie with nuanced origins and then get his own movie. Sort of a tamer treatment than the Wolverine movie character. I would love Cable on the big screen, regardless of the how-they-do-its.

#3 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think the best way to do it would be similar to how they introduced him in the X-MEN Animated Series. As a special ops soldier who was a mutant and appeared at random times in the present, and then use a movie to dive into his full origins, and reveal that he is from the future and use flashbacks to tell the story. I really like the idea of Bruce Willis as Cable, wish they would have thought of that 5-10 years ago though. Otherwise I think Kurt Russel could have pulled him off (think the movie Soldier)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.