Do you think we will see cable again

#1 Posted by mavfan626 (4117 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think we will see cable again or is he dead for good? cable has died and come back a few time right? so would it be ok to say that he is?  

#2 Posted by Tmul501 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure. I would say we might see him again. As I remember we were only left with his arm. Maybe the rest of him is in the future. But I could be wrong, I don't remember if they showed any of his body being destroyed or not.

#3 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw his arm, isn't that enough? You people are greedy :P

#4 Posted by mavfan626 (4117 posts) - - Show Bio
@G'bandit said:
" We saw his arm, isn't that enough? You people are greedy :P "
lol
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He's an X-Man... he'll be back within the decade (less than 5 years if Marvel bow to 'popular' demand).

#6 Posted by kimeraevet (187 posts) - - Show Bio

They could just clone him back from the blood left in his arm. Techno Organic viruses tend to need organic parts to regenerate. Like Apocalypse. His body will probably be regrown in his casket.

#7 Posted by UpUpAndAway (191 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope he doesnt return i loved cable for many years and i believe IF you are going to kill a hero this is the way to do it. XD
#8 Posted by Edamame (28360 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon that Cable is on the astral plane now.  That is what happens to most telepaths whose physical bodies get destroyed.

#9 Posted by tensor (5081 posts) - - Show Bio

he will be back

#10 Posted by eldestrisk (616 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be back, just wait until 2014. =P

#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Short answer: Yes. 

Cable is a time-traveler. Any version of him from any point in time where he's alive could emerge whenever it's convenient to have him back in the picture.

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

Death is only a vacation, friend. 

#13 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

It does seem completely possible that a younger cable comes back in time, hang out for a while and eventually grow into the man that would raise hope, who he meet and becme friends with and i think i just got a headache.
#14 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

The list of Marvel characters that have died and NOT come back isn't a very long list at all...  Cable will DEFINITELY be back...  I'm wondering if Marvel just felt they needed to make room for the return of Nate Grey...

#15 Posted by Green Skin (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

We will definitely see Cable again.  Whether it's the same Cable that died is another question entirely.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty said:

He's an X-Man... he'll be back within the decade (less than 5 years if Marvel bow to 'popular' demand).

QFT

#17 Posted by Edamame (28360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
  I'm wondering if Marvel just felt they needed to make room for the return of Nate Grey...
That's certainly possible. I also think it's time for X-Man to finally fulfill his "purpose", as Mr. Sinister called it. 
#18 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes a time traveler. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a younger Cable.

#19 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Any idea what that purpose is?
#20 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
You mean... A younger version of himself shows up?  But then wouldn't his older self (that showed up and spent so much time there) have remembered his younger self showing up later?  and if so, then wouldn't his older self (which was there first) have known about his impending death and done something to avoid it?
#21 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@doordoor123 said:
You mean... A younger version of himself shows up?  But then wouldn't his older self (that showed up and spent so much time there) have remembered his younger self showing up later?  and if so, then wouldn't his older self (which was there first) have known about his impending death and done something to avoid it?
Marvel is based on alternate Time lines. Maybe it wouldnt matter if he died in one future because hes lived in another.
#22 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Ide perfer he comes back DeadPool pretty much sucks with out him. 

*SPOILER ALERT* 

Anyway me an my friend were joking around saying that now that Bucky lost his arm an hes dying there gonna attach cabels arm to him an Cables gonna take over an become : CABELTAN AMERICA lol
#23 Posted by Edamame (28360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@Edamame: Any idea what that purpose is?
Well, that "purpose" was mentioned by Mr. Sinister in the Age of Apocalypse story arc, and it simply entailed killing Apocalypse.  That's basically why X-Man was created.  Also, without X-Man's help or existence, I would imagine that Apocalypse and Holocaust would have been able to kill Magneto. So much for bringing down Apocalypse's empire. 
#24 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Yeah, that makes sense...  There's no limit to the number of cables or Nate Greys  or Rachels that could show up...
#25 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Well, if killing apocalypse is his purpose I wish him luck with that...  Not that I don't think he could do it, but it seems it's harder to keep Apocalypse dead than Jean Grey...  Maybe someone should just turn him into a sponge and keep him alive...
#26 Posted by Edamame (28360 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@Edamame: Well, if killing apocalypse is his purpose I wish him luck with that...  Not that I don't think he could do it, but it seems it's harder to keep Apocalypse dead than Jean Grey...  Maybe someone should just turn him into a sponge and keep him alive...
Indeed. Well, perhaps Mr. Sinister forgot to put that into consideration as he was planning to "kill" his master.  Apocalypse has been killed so many times, but I would just love to see how an X-Man vs. Apocalypse fight would end up.
#27 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
@Timandm said:
Indeed. Well, perhaps Mr. Sinister forgot to put that into consideration as he was planning to "kill" his master.  Apocalypse has been killed so many times, but I would just love to see how an X-Man vs. Apocalypse fight would end up.
True, it would be something to see...  Unless the writers do something hokey and have X-Man kill Apocalypse the way X-Force killed Selene... by stabbing her with a knife... LAME LAME LAME....
#28 Posted by Zaber (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow interesting conversations about Cable. good thoughts. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.