Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3590 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

Deadpool & Cable

RiceFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RiceFox

Last Christmas was the bomb! I got the entire Cable & Deadpool series in the six issue each trades.

Then I found out they were releasing them in Ultimate collections. No problem, I like my versions better. : )

But the title was re-named to Deadpool & Cable! This is in no way new news, and I understand the reason for the change, (Deadpool is more popular nowadays, and it'd sell better being arranged next to other Deadpool comics, I think) but it just kinda seems like it was unfair to Cable. Then the last issue of Cable was re-named Deadpool & Cable. That's totally unfair to me. >_< 

I looked at the back of that issue, and saw all the reprints of Cable & Deadpool covers, along with a thing at the end that said something along the lines of "Celebrating 51 issues of Deadpool and Cable."  I thought that was also pretty shysty, with the fact being that Cable was only in 38 of the 50 issues of Cable & Deadpool.

So, despite possible good reasons, do other Cable fans agree that this is pretty lame?

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Meteorite

Eh, it's not like they're excluding him from the title completely.

RiceFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RiceFox
    @Meteorite: But... he was taken out of Cable & Deadpool!

Maybe that's why they're renaming the title? Because at the end Cable wont be there... Are the ultimate collections collecting the last eight issues?
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Meteorite
    @RiceFox: I guess so. Deadpool is also more popular so that'd the reason too I imagine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.