Crap! He's......

• 53 results
#1 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by IrishX (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Can't wait to hear more about the series.

#3 Posted by Duncan (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably going to suck..

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

NOT LOEB! NO NO NO NO NO. NOT LOEB! D:

#5 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cable, and I like Loeb (sometimes). So it could be either really good, or Loeb could destroy one of the cooolest X characters of all time.

#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

BRING IT HOME, JEPH. BRING IT HOME. ;D

#7 Edited by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

So excluding and Vulcan & Jean (for now) Scott is getting his family back?  Could that be why he wasn't in the post-Schism teasers?

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

Loeb could destroy one of the cooolest X characters of all time.

My guess.  

@iLLituracy said:
GTFO. 
#9 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: Loeb is da best. :3
#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Caligula said:

Loeb could destroy one of the cooolest X characters of all time.

My guess.

possibly.

Loeb has done some really terrible writing. But He's also done some pretty good stuff too. He's a middle of the road type of writer for me. I think it depends on who he's writing. Hopefully it's good for Cable. I'm an optimist.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Think of his recent stuff (and his Marvel stuff in general). It hasn't been good at all.  

@iLLituracy: You're the worst...
#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: YOU LIAR. HULK WAS AWESOME. ULTIMATUM WAS AWESOME. ULTIMATE X WAS AWESOME. JEPH LOEB FOR PRESIDENT.
#13 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Caligula: Think of his recent stuff (and his Marvel stuff in general). It hasn't been good at all.

believe me, I know.

#14 Posted by longbowhunter (6624 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always disliked Cable.
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@Caligula: It's a shame. Because Hush was awesome.  

@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress: YOU LIAR. HULK WAS AWESOME. ULTIMATUM WAS AWESOME. ULTIMATE X WAS AWESOME. JEPH LOEB FOR PRESIDENT.
OMG YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT! JEPH LOEB SHOULD START WRITING INSERT iLLy'S FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE. 
#16 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Totally, his work like that is the reason I say, there is a chance this could be could. *keeps fingers crossed

#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:
OMG YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT! JEPH LOEB SHOULD START WRITING INSERT iLLy'S FAVORITE CHARACTER HERE. 
He already wrote Batman. Plenty of times. It was awesome. :3
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12414 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:

Now dont you 2 start again. why cant we just all play nice and be a happy family? is that too much to ask?
#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

@iLLituracy said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why?

@iLLituracy said:

LMFAO

#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:
........I hate you. You're a terrible person. 
#21 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@iLLituracy said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:
Now dont you 2 start again. why cant we just all play nice and be a happy family? is that too much to ask?
She won't love me back. )':
#22 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:
I love you, too. ;D
#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: Mutters something about how she hopes Loeb destroys Vril Dox. 
#24 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
I don't think he'll even exist come September. ):
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
I don't think he'll even exist come September. ):
Trolololol. 
#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12414 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:

@iLLituracy said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@iLLituracy said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:

#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care much for Ed McGuinness, either. This is actually a huge letdown. 

#28 Posted by longbowhunter (6624 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
Why do I hate Cable? I cant say its one thing in particular, he just kinda sucks I guess. I usually dont say any character sucks. I'm a firm believer in there are no bad characters, just bad writers. However I've read alot of stories with Cable in them and he just doesnt do anything for me. The closest I ever came to enjoying a Cable story was Cable & Deadpool. And even then I still didnt like him.
#29 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

LOEB!? AH HELL NAW!

#30 Posted by MrSeaman70 (294 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cable regrew himself from dna and memories from his severed arm. Either that or his arm grew a glowing eyeball and knows how to shoot without toppling over :P
#31 Posted by daredevil21134 (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
#32 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

I like Cable, and I like Loeb (sometimes). So it could be either really good, or Loeb could destroy one of the coolest X characters of all time.

This^
#33 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we now know that it's not "Bucky" or "X-Men" Reborn. Strange though, as through all their Panels Marvel have been insisting that Cable is dead... with no hints to do anything otherwise with him.

To be honest, I'm surprised that they'd bring him back so soon. Hope is meant to develop as her own character, bringing her father back could give the Lights a new direction... but somehow I doubt it. I suspect they'll keep him separate from his adopted daughter.

@The Dark Huntress said:

I really really like & respect Loeb.

#34 Edited by DalekDoctor2011 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, but I can't help but fell its too soon

#35 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too soon and the creative team could've been better.

#36 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrSeaman70 said:

I think Cable regrew himself from dna and memories from his severed arm. Either that or his arm grew a glowing eyeball and knows how to shoot without toppling over :P

Haha.

#37 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@iLLituracy said:

@The Dark Huntress said:
@longbowhunter said:
Why? 

@iLLituracy said:
Sometimes you gotta be hated to be loved lol
#38 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

So....when's Nightcrawler Reborn coming out? O_o

#39 Posted by markdienekes (9 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter said:
@The Dark Huntress: Why do I hate Cable? I cant say its one thing in particular, he just kinda sucks I guess. I usually dont say any character sucks. I'm a firm believer in there are no bad characters, just bad writers. However I've read alot of stories with Cable in them and he just doesnt do anything for me. The closest I ever came to enjoying a Cable story was Cable & Deadpool. And even then I still didnt like him.
Each to their own I guess. Cable is the reason why I love comics - he's a great character to me, very human, and quite tragic - I'm quite into my military sci-fi though, which helps! I'm very happy they're bringing him back!
#40 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Right? This is what I hate about comics. Dead characters should stay dead. Especially when they died for a cause/as a sacrifice. Bringing them back completely negates that. It's stupid and disheartening.  

@xerox-kitty: I respect your opinion and I think he's had a few good runs (Hush was incredible) but his recent works have been sub-par to say the least. They call it Loeb Force for a reason. He's one of the biggest instigators of PIS that there is. I'll give this a chance in the hopes that he regains some former glory, but my hopes aren't very high. 
#41 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised it's Cable. I had no idea he was big enough for his own reborn series.

Unfortunately Loeb is doing it. Sorry Cable fans.

#42 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@War Killer said:
Right? This is what I hate about comics. Dead characters should stay dead. Especially when they died for a cause/as a sacrifice. Bringing them back completely negates that. It's stupid and disheartening. 
I only agree with that if the character's death was meaningful and had a huge impact on the universe about them (Captain America's death for example) because bringing them back destroys what that death stood for and ruins the stories that it produces.
#43 Posted by TheShame (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb's recent stuff for ultimate x and ultimates thor reborn has been good.  Hopefully he's gotten a handle on the marvel characters.  If not, Cable's £$%^&* (comicvine moderators won't allow me to swear).

#44 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

...He had the perfect death. Why would they do it so soon? And why choose one of the worst writers Marvel has today? 

Seriously, if it's not a Batman book or a color book, Loeb is an awful human being.  

EDIT: Btw, where the hell is Captain America: White? If he should be doing anything, he should be doing that.

#45 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprise surprise.

#46 Posted by XsPectre28 (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I Hope Nate Isnt Going To Become The New Cable.... I Would Like To See A Team Consisting Of Cable, Rachel, & X-Man. That Would Be Hott

#47 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
sigh... I'm... I'm so sorry...

http://insidepulse.com/2011/07/24/sdcc-marvel-reveals-which-character-will-be-reborn-by-jeph-loeb/
#48 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for this. I have faith in Loeb. I'm not saying I liked his run on Hulk but he's still a great writer with classics under his belt. I was a little surprised Marvel decided to bring Cable back so soon. Like I said, I'm excited. I've always been a Cable fan. I hope McGuinness brings his A-game

#49 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of a shame. This along with the rumor that the M-day depowered mutants are getting their powers back makes it seem like the last few years of X-books were pointless. I love Cable too, btw, but this is way too soon.

#50 Edited by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio

Really Marvel? Loeb didn't do enough damage to canon with his complete and utter destruction of 50 years of Hulk canon? You have to let him destroy another one of my favorite characters? Someone please tell me this is a joke. Someone tell me they're not doing this. Someone tell me they're doing a revitalization of Cable & Deadpool to coincide with Schism, and Nicieza's writing this. Someone tell me they're letting someone other than Jeph Loeb write Cable. Anyone. Please, for the love of God!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.