Cable's Original COSTUMES - Like it or Not ?

#1 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys, 

cable has prob seen more costume changes than any othe character over the years !  But in his early days, he wore lots of armor .. huge shoulder guards.. lotsa pouches and weaponry!   

now i hear some people make fun of it, some people like it.  just wondering, are you a fan of his original look ? why or why not !?  

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked the original costume, but it can be forgiven because it was a product of the horrible horrible designs of the 80s/90s.

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

i am not a fan of pocket powered cable he got a lot better when there streamlined the costume hes look in cable deadpool was quite cool to

#4 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else ?! 

doesnt seem too popular..
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

No, not a fan. 

#6 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7497 posts) - - Show Bio

s'ok

#7 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

like it. but only for nostalgia reasons, and it changed because it was no longer
what worked. out of his entire wardrobe there are many i place above that one,
but seeing it gives me the same type of feeling as seeing a Ditko Spider-Man
or an old record.

#8 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks for the insight guys...  hey Catmanexe, i totally agree with you, its the nostalgia of his costume that appeals to me.

What is it about it that you guys dont like ? too over done ? just looks weird? 

and if you guys have costumes of him that you prefer please post em! thanks.

#9 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Cable to me. The other costumes aren't as bad azz to me for some reason.
#10 Edited by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:

" like it. but only for nostalgia reasons, and it changed because it was no longer what worked. out of his entire wardrobe there are many i place above that one, but seeing it gives me the same type of feeling as seeing a Ditko Spider-Man or an old record. "

Yes! I love the classic Cable look, mostly for nostalgia reasons myself. But that was the cable I grew up with. It's weird I was just looking at my old comics, and I reread the first  appearance  of cable. Anyways Cable is badass no matter what hes wearing. His series right now is one of my favorite titles going on right now.
#11 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

good to see some people like his old costume! do you guys think he could still rock that gear today and it would be well recieved?
#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@azmoday: lol.not me. thats the thing is he needed to evolve. they all did. it was cool then, but you had to look at what people were wearing then too, and the kind of costumes even action and sci-fi characters wore in movies then. it just doesnt work now.
but he's had many great costumes if you ask me anyways. i can stack up his costumes to a lot of the other x-characters and he comes
out very ahead over the ages.
#13 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

What you guys think about this costume ? i think its a 90's costume..  

#14 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

That's how I see cable.....be it awfull lol I started reading him in the nineties and like it purely for nostalgic reasons :)
#15 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the klunky cable costumes, I preffer the one posted by @Pulsar above.

#16 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Just realized that the Gears of War characters have that same sort of art style. Big and bulky with lots of armor. I think that was the thing to do for the 90's although I would love to see a sort of update on that type of armor and what it would look like now. 
#17 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

hey BingBangboom, 

I agree the Gears of War characters have big bulky armor aswell .. and they're look is working for them in 2010 ! i think cable's old costume could use some adjustments and still work today!
#18 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

What you guys think of this one !?
#19 Posted by Jayso4201 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the old ones it makes him seem like more of a warrior, it seems like they downplay that a lot these days. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.