Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3589 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

Cable's lost abilities

RagingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RagingPanda

Has Cable gotten back his psychic powers yet, or even a fraction of them? It's not the same to me just being connected to the "infonet."  When will he start getting back his powers, do you think, if he hasn't already?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

No. Cable is currently in the far distant future, completely de-powered. If he gets his powers back, it will probably be at the end of Messiah War, through Hope. Though it sounds as if you may not know who Hope is.

RagingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RagingPanda

I've been reading the new X-force comics and all that, so yea, I do. It just seems ridiculous that basically his character was built on that and suddenly...he doesn't have that ability anymore.  I thought he'd get it back more. 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Korg

Well, Messiah War is only part 2 in a 3-part crossover of ridiculous proportions in the X-world. I think Cable will regain a semblance of his powers eventually. If he doesn't die first.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    RagingPanda said: 
    " It just seems ridiculous that basically his character was built on that and suddenly...he doesn't have that ability anymore.  I thought he'd get it back more."
    His character was built on big guns and shooting bigger bad guys.  It was a long time before he started to push his telepathy & teke.  To emphasise the strength of Scarlet Witch's "no more mutants" they can't keep giving powers back to the de-powered mutants. And in a way Cable hasn't changed that much.  He's almost gone back to the hands-on kind of character he was to begin with.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dane

Cable only ever had limited psionic abilities because of his T-O virus. It's only in Cable & Deadpool that he was able to use his full potential and even then he didn't do that much with it before he burnt it out.

mercster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mercster

Looking at X-Force issue 15, he "dug deep" and mustered a psychic attack against Stryfe. So the powere are not all gone.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dane

Yeah I think he needs them back but hes a really old guy now. He's turned into a baby before though. imo bring back the Nate Grey-esque version where he was in his late teens.

cennobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cennobite

What will he be like since he is nearly all techno organic now. That will be interesting to see. Having your heart and lungs turn into a techno organic substance would feel pretty strange I think.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself

I don't understand where the TO virus came from...they got rid of it in Cable and Deadpool

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korg
    @danhimself said:
    "I don't understand where the TO virus came from...they got rid of it in Cable and Deadpool"
    Technically, they just replaced it. Cable subdued the alien TO baby with his telepathy/TK, which he no longer has. Either that, or they're just ignoring that part of the story, since Cable is mentioned as fighting the virus he had fought since childhood in the most recent issue of Cable.
    Psiray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Psiray
    @danhimself said:
    "

I don't understand where the TO virus came from...they got rid of it in Cable and Deadpool

"
    well alot of things are ignored from the cable and deadpool series. so i try to just leave that as a separate entity, much like the ultimate xmen series. however, what made cable so kick ass was that he didnt have to use his powers to fight all the time.  giving him his powers back would just take away from the seriousness of what happened on m day and now during the messiah war. itll also bring marvel a step closer to dc lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.