Cable in AvX, is it going to happen?

#1 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

As everyone probably knows, Cable has come back from the dead in the pages of X-Sanction or to be more accurate, from a future in which the world has ended due to Hope's death and the Avengers some how being the cause of her death. In the 4th issue of X-Sanction, Cable says that a war with the Avengers is coming and if Cyclops needs Cable he will be there.

So far were 7 issues in to AvX and Cable hasn't appeared yet? Is he still resting or did the writers forget about X-Sanction? & IF Cable did show up in AvX, would he still side with the Phoinex enhanced Cyclops or fight with the Avengers?

#2 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

He would fight with the x-men he kind of put scott up to it. It also seems silly that with all their power summers didn't bring his son out of coma

#3 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully. It would be stupid for him not to appear. I'm thinking it may happen in the third act.

#4 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I want him back. And he is. He's probably going to show up in Point One.

#5 Posted by Grey56 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only hope that it's done well - we'll see though.

#6 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

brevoort said no.

but brevoort's an idiot who probably didn't even read it and just ok'd it like he always does.

#7 Posted by saoakden (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I wrote this when Issue 7 came out. Now were at Issue 10 and still no sign of him.

@Solarflare32: Seriously, they spent 10 days fixing the world. If they could do that, the Phoenix Five could of easily made him better & be up and fighting the Avengers in like 2 seconds.

It would be stupid of Marvel having Cable say he will help, then only to be out during the whole freaking thing. Come on Marvel, have Cable to show up and fight. Cable might show up in the last two issues. Didn't Cyclops want to get rid of Hope in the last issue?

#8 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

In the latest Marvel podcast, someone asked about Cable coming back and they said 'well, there is 2 issues left and they are extra sized, so someone has to fill those pages. You'll have to wait and see'.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.