Cable #17

#1 Posted by bprimetimel (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...so did I miss something? I thought Hope landed 2 years in Cable's past and that he can't time travel backwards? So apparently, he can just stay in the same time for 2 years or something? How the hell did he and Hope end up in the same time period? 

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't Hope always be 2 years in Cable's past?

I haven't read #18 yet, does it explain this bull***t?

#2 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
I'll try to clarify. Hope landed in Cable's past. That means when he gets to the future, she is already there. She has been there for 2 years, waiting for him. She pops out of the time stream 2 years up river, at point A. Cable pops out at point B, 2 years later. Hope has to move from point A to point B in a linear fashion, since she has no time machine. Cable simply appears at point B, where their paths intersect once more. 

Hope: A---2 years pass---B
Cable: A---No time passes---B 

Hope this helps. If not, I'll try to rephrase.
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable found Hope soon after he arrived at that point 2 years in the future.  Meanwhile, Hope has grown for 2 years without Cable in her life.  That's why when they were reunited, Cable was surprised by how much she'd grown, even though he'd lost her a few days/weeks ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.