Anybody like CABLE ?!

#1 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey , 

Anybody else here like Cable?!  I dont se too many people talk about him .. i've always been a fan of him since the X-men Animated series back in the day ... i guess it was his crazy armour and huge guns.. but i think he's a pretty cool character, ... anyone else?! 

#2 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable with the right writer and artist is awesome.

#3 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Which ones do u like?!
#4 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable in his new series drawed by Olivetti is pretty awesome, in Cable & deadpool he was hilarious by being the contrast to the merc with a mouth

#5 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Stryfe because he is more ruthless, but Cable is an awesome character as well. 

#6 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

why do some ppl hate cable? i know some ppl dislike how he looked back when he first came onto the scene.. i kinda liked his outfit
#7 Posted by hit11man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

i think some dislike him bc of liefeld's depiction of just a lot of guns and muscles when he created him- like a lot of his characters in the early 90's. i always liked him. i really like the way he was drawn in messiah complex. He's one of my favorites.
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him.

#9 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

You know it
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable rules

#11 Posted by dreamcaster (72 posts) - - Show Bio

For a second I thought you meant the other version of Cable.

#12 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

any know how well is current title is during ? i read it every month and today when i went to pick up a copy they were sold out .. i was happy to see that

hit11man, i totally see your point about the whole liefelld thing.  I started to like cable after the x-men animated series.. i just thought he looked super cool and badass.. kind of reminds me of like the terminator cuz he's from the future and the whole war in the future thing..

i'm glad to see other people like cable too, just dont know how popular he really is?

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
@azmoday said:
"any know how well is current title is during ? i read it every month and today when i went to pick up a copy they were sold out .. i was happy to see that"
I think it usually sells fewer copies than most other X-Titles.
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.I don't like X-man though.I really wish they would leave him alone.

#15 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you guys think of him when he's got all his armour on?  I know some fans hate that look...
#16 Posted by IrishX (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally I didn't care for Cable but I've come to like him more over the years.
#17 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

hes drawn pretty cool sometimes... but i jus dont find him that special i always think of him as marvels mutant terminator... but he is awesome... jus not my fav..

#18 Posted by Rune (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable is my fav character since i was a kid will never lose faith in my boy.  His current series is pretty shitty but he always has potential to turn it around.

#19 Posted by Psiray (7 posts) - - Show Bio

i love cable now and even back in new mutants, the adventures of cyclops and phoenix as well as askani son...  
of course i found out about all this after the animated series, which made me absolutely love him and loathe bishop. 

however i think the bulk of the dislike of cable comes from his complex storyline and his less action packed series going on now... 
i like to think of him now as poppa cable, which is fine with me.

#20 Posted by X-RAIDED (18 posts) - - Show Bio

i like Cable, ever since i was a kid, one of My favorite Characters 

#21 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i did back in the day b4 all the various up and down upgrades and modern stories
#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Cable before his current series. This current one just bored the crap out of me.

#23 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4219 posts) - - Show Bio

The character Cable I think is awesome but it never really seems to show in the comics.
I liked the first couple of issues of this newest Cable series but its gotten extremely predictable. 

Has anybody else heard that this run of Cable will be ending with issue 24? 
It's just what I heard I'm not sure if its true yet.

#24 Posted by darkningdawn (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cable,Cable works well as a contrast to most X characters,but on his own not very interesting.
#25 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable is sick!!!!!.
#26 Posted by azmoday (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see so many Cable fans! where do you think he's gonna be headed in 2010 ?

#27 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

love him, i think most people do. the reason i dont think people talk about him is he's not
very controversial, which is kind of a good thing.

#28 Posted by RiceFox (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'm weird, because Cable has to be my first, if not second favorite character, in all of comic-dom. Anything he's in is worth reading to me, and I love seeing all his different depictions.

#29 Posted by War Killer (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, he's cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.