Follow

Cable

Character » Cable appears in 3590 issues.

The once-mysterious Cable (a.k.a. Nathan Summers) is Cyclops' time-traveling son who was infected with the deadly techno-organic virus during his infancy, which he keeps at bay using his advanced psionic powers. At one time a founding member and leader of the militant team called X-Force, previously known as the New Mutants, Cable takes the aimless youths under his wing and whips them into fighting shape in order to prepare them for future threats.

1st appearence of cable?

liquade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By liquade

would you include nathens appearance in x-men 201 as the 1st appearance of cable or new mutants 87?

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

NM#87

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The first appearance is when he first appears, regardless of age.

Also, if there are several appearances that could be considered first you could go into detail on it on the overview.
    Post Edited:2007-09-25 11:34:57

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

It is a sticky thing. I lean towards New Mutants myself. But there's always debate. Like Mary Jane, I say she technically appeared before issue 42. She was there. She was just shown from behind. Or what about Venom? The official 1st appearance is ASM 300 but he did appear on the last page of 299. But it doesn't count since it's not a full appearance. But you could even argue (please don't) that his 1st appearance would be ASM 252 when Spidey returned from Secret Wars.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Gottheit

His first appearance was in Hell. And that's where his creators are going, for sending such a plague upon us.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

G-Man says:

"It is a sticky thing. I lean towards New Mutants myself. But there's always debate. Like Mary Jane, I say she technically appeared before issue 42. She was there. She was just shown from behind. Or what about Venom? The official 1st appearance is ASM 300 but he did appear on the last page of 299. But it doesn't count since it's not a full appearance. But you could even argue (please don't) that his 1st appearance would be ASM 252 when Spidey returned from Secret Wars."

I would argue that the first appearance was in Secret Wars #8 since that was the issue the symbiote first appeared.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

fesak says:

"G-Man says:
    "It is a sticky thing. I lean towards New Mutants myself. But there's always debate. Like Mary Jane, I say she technically appeared before issue 42. She was there. She was just shown from behind. Or what about Venom? The official 1st appearance is ASM 300 but he did appear on the last page of 299. But it doesn't count since it's not a full appearance. But you could even argue (please don't) that his 1st appearance would be ASM 252 when Spidey returned from Secret Wars."

I would argue that the first appearance was in Secret Wars #8 since that was the issue the symbiote first appeared.

"

Okay here comes the geek in me. Secret Wars #1 came out when ASM#251 came out. At the end of ASM, Spidey disappeared in Central Park. The next month, #252 came out with Spidey in the black duds. It wasn't until issue #8 came out that the symbiote first appeared in Secret Wars. All of the Marvel Universe jumped to when the heroes came back. So things were all messed up and no one really knew how or why She-Hulk was in the FF, the Thing on some alien planet able to change back and forth to Ben, Colossus and Kitty broke up, etc.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

G-Man says:

"fesak says:
    "G-Man says:

"

Okay here comes the geek in me. Secret Wars #1 came out when ASM#251 came out. At the end of ASM, Spidey disappeared in Central Park. The next month, #252 came out with Spidey in the black duds. It wasn't until issue #8 came out that the symbiote first appeared in Secret Wars. All of the Marvel Universe jumped to when the heroes came back. So things were all messed up and no one really knew how or why She-Hulk was in the FF, the Thing on some alien planet able to change back and forth to Ben, Colossus and Kitty broke up, etc."

Aaahh.. well argued.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.