inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Cable helps Forge and Dr Nemesis steal a S.W.O.R.D. spaceship, and Cyclops confronts him. Domino tries to break Colossus out of the Raft. Domino and Boom Boom deal with an alien in a S.W.O.R.D. containment prison.

I really enjoyed the opening to this issue. We finally get to see Cyclops and Cable interact. It's brief and we jump into the scene of Nemesis and Forge in the spacecraft, but it still works. I really like the banter between the characters here. Writer Dennis Hopeless does very well with these tete-a-tete conversations throughout the issue. I enjoy how he tackles the dialogue.

It's a brief moment, but I love the consistency of Colossus. I love the fact his powers are turning off and on randomly, all around his body.

The highlight of the issue is the artwork of Salvador Larroca with the colors of Frank D'Armata. Visually, these guys are great at telling a story through art, and they compliment each other incredibly well. It's currently some of the best art in comics. It's eye catching and the page layouts and composition are always dynamic.

This is one of my favorite covers of the week. Salvador Larroca and Frank D'Armata do an amazing job here. It's simple, but it makes a big point, and while it's really just different shades of red, the color work here is super sweet.

The Bad

What I really wanted to see, in this issue, was Cable and Cyclops chatting it up, and we get that, but only five pages of that. On top of all of that, the pages are spread out across the issue.

While all on their own, these individual stories within the book are pretty fun, but they don't fit together. It feels like just a mish-mash here. As soon as one of the smaller stories starts to pick up pace, you're thrusted into another scene. The pacing here is a bit of a mess. Even on the opening page, where they recap what is happening, this feels like a book that not only doesn't know where it's going but it's trying to cram way too much into a story.

The team is doing what they're doing in order to prevent the world from being destroyed, which Cable envisioned. However, as the events of this issue took place, I really didn't feel like anything was at stake. There is no real sense of danger here.

The Verdict

CABLE AND X-FORCE has a lot of promise. There's a lot of cool elements to this story, and I like most of these characters. The art team here is great, and I really enjoyed the dialogue and banter between most of the characters.

The problem is that the overall story falls flat. I never felt anything was at stake and all these stories feel so disjointed. I really want this book to work, and while there is a lot of good here, there's just as much that frankly isn't working.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

agree with the review. I like the team, art and concept. Story isn't that interesting just like Thunderbolts.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The whole Cable/Cyclops thing contributed nothing. How can Cable be an extraneous character when his name's in the freaking title?!

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fullmetalquach

Truth. I was looking forward to the Cyclops/Cable talk and I loved the little we got, but would've liked more. It is hard to see where this book is going, but so far I really enjoy it. I wanna know more about Colossus's powers and how they were affected by the PF. Hopefully Hopeless will delve into it more in the next issue since it seems Piotr is gunna have to help out the rest of the team single handedly. Also, Cyclops said him and Cable will talk soon, so maybe in this book or Uncanny X-Men.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

This cover is so unintentionally creepy.

Avatar image for nightthrasher76
    nightthrasher76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anybody ever noticed how the original members of Cyclops extinction team seemed to be a person who could either counter or effect every member of the illuminati?

Iron man = Magneto and Danger

Professor X = The White Queen and Danger

Reed Richards = Dr. Nemisis

Dr. Strange = Magik

Black Panther = Namor and Storm

Black Bolt = Cyclops

Namor = Namor

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By thatlad

Cyclops against Black Bolt? That'd be a quick fight.

mjbiebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By mjbiebs

Only got the comic for the cover, I love it

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
    deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If not for colossus being colossus and the banter between forge and Doctor Nemesis I probably couldn't read this for much longer. Also this may be one of the few time I don't absolutely hate Cyclops' new wardrobe.

Avatar image for nightthrasher76
    nightthrasher76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatlad: I just mean unstoppable voice vs. unstoppable eye beams as well as both being leaders of super powered races. I just wondered if maybe the writer intended this as some sort of plot line where cyclops had secretly found out about Xavier's secret club and specifically planned to counter them as some sort of fail safe just incase Xavier ever tried to shut him down.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By thatlad

@nightthrasher76: I can see that, interesting line of thinking. Maybe that was a long term goal but then the whole Marvel Now initiative took hold.

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By That60sGuy

@inferiorego

I really want this book to work, and while there is a lot of good here, there's just as much that frankly isn't working.

My exact sentiments about the whole series.

CapnSaiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CapnSaiko

I really liked the pervy alien.

@thatlad said:

Black Bolt opens his mouth -- Cyclops sends a blast down his throat

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChillinNKillin

@thatlad said:

Black Bolt opens his mouth -- Cyclops sends a blast down his throat

No, said blast would be atomized along with it's sender in seconds, if that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.