Does s9 fulfill the promise of superpower Buffy?

#1 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m almost at the end of the season 8 graphic novels and I’m really debating whether to jump into season 9 since it’s at the beginning or just wait for the collections. Any season 9 readers out there? Is it worth jumping into immediately?

#2 Posted by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@victoriancuckoo said:

I’m almost at the end of the season 8 graphic novels and I’m really debating whether to jump into season 9 since it’s at the beginning or just wait for the collections. Any season 9 readers out there? Is it worth jumping into immediately?

For me season 9 sucks, not so much like season 8 but still. I will probably write more detailed review in the future but so far I must to say that bigest problems are: lack of character development and consequences, nonsensical plot - story with robot make no sense - , bringing up controversial issue - unwanted pregnancy and abortion - and then abandoning this issue completely, practically reducing Buffy to role of damsel in distress. I like TV series, but those comics are not that good, but any stretch of the imagination.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.