Winter Soldier continue.....

#1 Posted by Drummer007 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading the new Winter Soldier and the last issue of the story is coming out and i have no idea about the sales and all.... so i'm wondering if it will continue after this next issue. I love Winter Soldier and would like to see it continue. What are some rumors? Do you read Winter Soldier?

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's this Winter Soldier? Never head of him...

#3 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't heard anything about cancellation.

#4 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have I.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Alright...he was this sidekick, then he retired...but came back when the Titans were being picked off under a new identity and went on to protect his own.....no, no, no, wait.......

He was this side kick....he became disgraced and addicted heroin then lost his arm....no, no, wait....

I think he has something to do with Captain America   :)
#6 Posted by Drummer007 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark: @ReVamp: Good to know they havn't said much about cancelling.... I'm fairly new to comics so I don't know how that works.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@ReVamp said:

Alright...he was this sidekick, then he retired...but came back when the Titans were being picked off under a new identity and went on to protect his own.....no, no, no, wait....... He was this side kick....he became disgraced and addicted heroin then lost his arm....no, no, wait.... I think he has something to do with Captain America :)

Ah, so is he like the guy with wings? You know, the one that flies and gets his ass kicked?

#8 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

It did better than the Punisher, Venom, Cap and Bucky/Hawkeye, Ultimate X-Men, Defenders and Iron Man last month so I imagine it's pretty safe.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@cattlebattle said:

Ah, so is he like the guy with wings? You know, the one that flies and gets his ass kicked?

Nah... your thinking of Superman

he was a sidekick, he got killed....and came back to life when some guy broke reality, then he tormented his old mentor, Batma.......no, no, no.....not it either 

I am pretty sure he was Captain Americas son or something
#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: lmao

#11 Edited by Cap10nate (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Drummer007 said:

I've been reading the new Winter Soldier and the last issue of the story is coming out and i have no idea about the sales and all.... so i'm wondering if it will continue after this next issue. I love Winter Soldier and would like to see it continue. What are some rumors? Do you read Winter Soldier?

I love the Winter Soldier Series. I know there will be at least one more story Arc. The next three covers are here on Steve Eptings blog website.

http://steveepting.blogspot.com/

Marvel has at least bought it until August. Here is a listing of their solicitations.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38700

Last month it sold over 33,000 copies which placed it as the 57th best seller for the month of April per the Diamond Comic distributors report which isn't bad. It hasn't had much of a drop off since the first issue. I think it will really be telling how the second arc does. If it stays at the constant rate above 30k issues, I think they will keep it. I truly hope that they do.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-04.html

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (35982 posts) - - Show Bio

I know there is a second arc. I'm pretty sure the series will be safe.

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is very content to let Brubaker do his thing, I think. He's had consistently really good sales on all his books and if I'm not mistaken, he won an Eisner while he was writing Cap.

#14 Posted by Drummer007 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

When i started getting into comics last year, the fisrt thing i read was "The Death of Captain America" right after the Civil War. It took me a while to get all the HB books but i REALLY enjoyed Brubaker's writing and knew i would read anything he writes. He's my favorite although i don't konw any other writers right now.

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @ReVamp said:

He is a solider who has a metal arm and rides into battle om a golden puppy powered by love .

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

You bumped this thread for this? Really?

#17 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@ReVamp said:

Alright...he was this sidekick, then he retired...but came back when the Titans were being picked off under a new identity and went on to protect his own.....no, no, no, wait.......   He was this side kick....he became disgraced and addicted heroin then lost his arm....no, no, wait....  I think he has something to do with Captain America   :)
Nope he was a sidekick...got beaten by a crowbar, died...came back to life and named himself Red something and decided to punish hs mentor...
#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

#19 Posted by SlimJ87D (8913 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, this weeks issue was actually really good. This is the direction I wanted the series to head in.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel should keep him going

#21 Posted by SlimJ87D (8913 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #7 was absolutely incredible. This is where I wanted the series to go and it is on a rollercoaster ride of suspense and great cliffhangers brubaker style. . Love it.

#22 Posted by Cap10nate (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

Issue #7 was absolutely incredible. This is where I wanted the series to go and it is on a rollercoaster ride of suspense and great cliffhangers brubaker style. . Love it.

It was one of the best single issues of a book that I have read in very long time.

#23 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I loved EVERYTHING about it!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.