Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

When Bucky Found Out About Steve Beiing Cap (Continuity Problem?)

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Okay I love the Captain America series but when looking at my old back issues, a flash back in issue #14 reveals that Bucky was introduced to Steve Rogers with a general who told Bucky he was Captain America.  I have also heard on Bucky's profile page and Captain Ameria White #0 that Bucky found out that Steve was Cap by walking in on him when he was getting dressed.  So did I state something wrong or is this a continuity problem?  I hope its not......

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HaloKing343

I'd take the Brubaker side. Captain America White is an alternate universe I think.

Crimson Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Crimson Clown
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "Okay I love the Captain America series but when looking at my old back issues, a flash back in issue #14 reveals that Bucky was introduced to Steve Rogers with a general who told Bucky he was Captain America.  I have also heard on Bucky's profile page and Captain Ameria White #0 that Bucky found out that Steve was Cap by walking in on him when he was getting dressed.  So did I state something wrong or is this a continuity problem?  I hope its not......"
    Bucky walking in on Steve was the way he found out when Captain Amerca Comics was first came out back in the 1940's I believe
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Erik

Captain America #1 1941
    Captain America #1 1941

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HaloKing343
    Crimson Clown said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "Okay I love the Captain America series but when looking at my old back issues, a flash back in issue #14 reveals that Bucky was introduced to Steve Rogers with a general who told Bucky he was Captain America.  I have also heard on Bucky's profile page and Captain Ameria White #0 that Bucky found out that Steve was Cap by walking in on him when he was getting dressed.  So did I state something wrong or is this a continuity problem?  I hope its not......"
    Bucky walking in on Steve was the way he found out when Captain Amerca Comics was first came out back in the 1940's I believe"
    Oh really? Then I'd take that one.

Wait a minute, in the current volume. Issue #14... wasn't that back when Steve's memories were getting all messed up because of the cosmic cube? I don't think that any of his flashbacks can nessisarily be validated when his mind was getting warped like that.
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Mr. Wilson

So Bru messed up? 

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaloKing343
    Mr. Wilson said:
    "So Bru messed up?  "

Naw, prob. a Mixup on account of the cosmic cube.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By G'bandit
    erik said:
    "
    Captain America #1 1941
    Captain America #1 1941

"
      Those old school sidekicks had no shame in those times

Gosh.Gee Whiz Golly! O_O Also old school robin with his weird remarks. I bet they look back at those times and say:

"I was such a weirdo." XD

O_O I wonder if Tim Drake ever said those things? like while they are looking at a cow with a laser wound across its chest and Tim gets surprised and say: "Holly cow, Batman!"

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Zoom
    G'bandit said:
    " Those old school sidekicks had no shame in those times

Gosh.Gee Whiz Golly!

O_O Also old school robin with his weird remarks. I bet they look back at those times and say: "I was such a weirdo."
    It was actually a plot point when Robin became Nightwing.

No Caption Provided

The Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Rorschach
    HaloKing343 said:
    "Mr. Wilson said:
    "So Bru messed up?  "
    Naw, prob. a Mixup on account of the cosmic cube."
    Have a Marvel No Prize!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.