Well Done Brubaker. Well done! (Spoilers)

Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

All i have to say Mr. Brubaker is that you have done a magnificent job with your comic issues this week. With what you have done with Fear itself 7.1 you not only redeemed Bucky's abrupt "death" but now you get to launch another series with Bucky, add the already amazing Cap and Bucky series that fleshes out his back story and it is a great time to be a Captain America fan.

Whenever i would surf the forums from time to time i would see some very strong Bucky fans saying how they wanted him to stay as cap and some strong Steve rogers fans saying that they wanted him to go back to cap. Under a lesser writer someone would feel like they were being left out with the recent reveal of Bucky's revival in fi 7.1 but in fact you have made both sides happy. Now if you want your Bucky stories you have Cap and Bucky as well as the winter soldier ongoing for your Bucky fix and for the Steve fans you have the regular Captain America series and the avengers line to keep you happy. Genius stuff Brubaker I really mean that!

Even though I am on a tighter budget this year i am going to find ways to fit this winter soldier series into my budget like I have with the Cap and Bucky because Brubaker is what Marvel needs to strive be like again. Strong character driven tales done by a writer who truly cares for each of his characters and their development. And especially with how tight I am on my budget, that kind of quality is exactly what I am looking for with my comic purchases.

Now all we need is a black widow series done by Brubaker and everything would be right with the world, But for now this will do just nicely!

#1 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

U never know, they may try a BW ongoing again by the time the Avengers movie comes out. Though I doubt it would be written by Brubaker.

But then Marvel does already have another Avengers book (with the movie cast) in the works by Bendis.....

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMC said:

U never know, they may try a BW ongoing again by the time the Avengers movie comes out. Though I doubt it would be written by Brubaker.

But then Marvel does already have another Avengers book (with the movie cast) in the works by Bendis.....

i truly wanted to cut myself when i found out about it.

#3 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@moviegeek17 said:

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

No, sorry.

judging by the costumes it would be mainstream.

#5 Posted by Dernman (15749 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people wont agree with me but even though to me the only Captain America is Steve Rogers I like the Super Soldier costume he has and will miss it when it's gone.

#6 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@moviegeek17 said:

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

No, sorry.

judging by the costumes it would be mainstream.

Seriously?! can someone else please write avengers?

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I know people wont agree with me but even though to me the only Captain America is Steve Rogers I like the Super Soldier costume he has and will miss it when it's gone.

i agree with you 100 percent.

it seems so weird that literally EVERYONE has gotten a new costume or an update but Steve is losing his.

though to be honest, i think that this one might not be a bad choice.

Steele vs. Captain America - Secret Avengers #12

@moviegeek17 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@moviegeek17 said:

@DMC: That would be nice. I love the way liu wrote the character but sadly she didn't stay on long enough for the book to be stable. But with brubaker and guice that could be a serious moneymaker for marvel. But at this point i'd just be cool with another black widow series.

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Do you know if that book will be in their "film cannon" or the mainline marvel cannon?

No, sorry.

judging by the costumes it would be mainstream.

Seriously?! can someone else please write avengers?

not unless they want to be assassinated by Bendis' trained squad of ninja's

#8 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

so it all makes sense now! Well maybe I'll plan a secret coup de tat with Rick remender!

#9 Posted by ChaosAgentLoki (35 posts) - - Show Bio

A Winter Soldier ongoing? That sounds really cool. I'm quite excited for that. Now if only they could add a Doctor Strange one, and Marvel will have almost completely, undoubtedly stolen me away from DC.

#10 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosAgentLoki:

A doctor strange series or even a mini would be great! maybe when the movie gets closer to happening they'll release something with him in the lead.

#11 Edited by daredevil21134 (12648 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed Brubaker should write the next big Marvel event

#12 Posted by moviegeek17 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134:

That would be cool but i think he does his best work with character driven tales like his iron fist run and current cap run. I'm not sure if that style could necessarily translate into an event unless he really wanted to do one

#13 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Black Widow would get a new ongoing, I enjoyed her last one very much and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled... v__v

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
I wish Black Widow would get a new ongoing, I enjoyed her last one very much and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled... v__v
She needs some feats..BIG TIME!
Moderator
#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35030 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it to much to wish for more Union Jack?

#16 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Is it to much to wish for more Union Jack?

Nah, Jack rules.

#17 Posted by The Impersonator (5620 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shoot. I forgot to add Ed Brubaker to my list. Thanks for the reminder, moviegeek17. :P

#18 Posted by SlimJ87D (10741 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I wish Black Widow would get a new ongoing, I enjoyed her last one very much and wished it hadn't gotten cancelled... v__v

Well Brubaker has been saying he's really interested in writing her. If he did he would give her great feats. Her being a major player in the Winter Soldier though will give her some good feats, but it will most likely be Bucky that performs the best feats. She does need her own series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.