Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

The Death of Bucky Barnes?

• 52 results
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iron_Lad

Captain America #1 coming out in July:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
    Written by ED BRUBAKER
    Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    Movie Variant Cover also available
    Blank Variant Cover also available
    Bestselling Cap writer Ed Brubaker and superstar artist Steve McNiven bring you the next huge chapter in Steve Rogers life, and it's a perfect jumping-on point for fans of the Cap movie. A funeral for a fallen friend turns into a race against time as the original Captain America makes his explosive return!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I have been suspecting that Bucky was going to die during Fear Itself based off of what I've been reading in Captain America and Fear Itself. The above description for Captain America #1 almost seems to validate my suspicions. I have a feeling Sin is going to kill Captain America (Bucky) forcing Steve Rogers to take up the mantle once again.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2  Edited By The_Martian

Just in time for the Captain America movie. I love Marvel's marketing team :)

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jayskee

i going so pissed if this happens
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

I don't think that'll happen... He just came back from the dead like 4 years ago. I'd be so pissed if they killed him off, lol

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64

I'm angry that they are making Steve Cap again for a movie...If Bucky dies...goodbye Marvel for good.

digimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By digimod
    @Primmaster64 said:

" I'm angry that they are making Steve Cap again for a movie...If Bucky dies...goodbye Marvel for good. "

I like Bucky as Cap (a lot) but I like Brubakers stories more.  I will not miss out on some good comic book reading just because Bucky is killed and/or Steve retakes the Captain America role.  I will be emotionally engaged though.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

I will be livid if they kill Bucky off. Simply livid. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
    @The Dark Huntress: Yeah...according to you're post that I've seen...You really did not like Steve coming back right?
    Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doctor Damn
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " I'm angry that they are making Steve Cap again for a movie...If Bucky dies...goodbye Marvel for good. "
    You'll be back...
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: Yeah...according to you're post that I've seen...You really did not like Steve coming back right? "
    No, I didn't. At ALL. Part of that has to do with my being somewhat new to reading Captain America and a lot of it has to do with my disdain and hate of bringing dead characters back. It completely negates the cause that they died for. It's boring. It's lazy. 

I got over that (somewhat) and was pleased with what they were doing with Steve and Bucky (US Agent and Cap). Now....this is just so stupid and it's all done so that they can re-number the issues to boost sales and because of the f*cking Captain America movie and consumerism. It's so ridiculous and such an obvious marketing ploy. I'm really really disappointed.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @Primmaster64 said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: Yeah...according to you're post that I've seen...You really did not like Steve coming back right? "
    No, I didn't. At ALL. Part of that has to do with my being somewhat new to reading Captain America and a lot of it has to do with my disdain and hate of bringing dead characters back. It completely negates the cause that they died for. It's boring. It's lazy. 

I got over that (somewhat) and was pleased with what they were doing with Steve and Bucky (US Agent and Cap). Now....this is just so stupid and it's all done so that they can re-number the issues to boost sales and because of the f*cking Captain America movie and consumerism. It's so ridiculous and such an obvious marketing ploy. I'm really really disappointed.
    "

US Agent?You mean Super Soldier.Bucky wont die but he seriously needs a new identity,Winter Soldier is'nt gonna cut it.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_

Yes lol. That's who I meant.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

Thats the problem with borrowing someones identity sooner or later they'll come back for it

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Loki9876

they say a funeral for a fallen friend that doesn't mean it will be Bucky

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @The Dark Huntress said:

"Yes lol. That's who I meant. "

Your avy is making me have bad thoughts.Is that Ravager?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Bucky isn't going to die because it would be pointless to kill him off now when he's so popular, plus it would be a huge slap in the face to all of the fans who have been reading Bucky as Cap since he took up the shield.

Honestly if someone close to Steve is going to die, my money's on it being Falcon who bites the dust....

Death of Falcon
    Death of Falcon

His death would hit Steve pretty hard, seeing as Sam is one of his closes friends and allies so that could prumpt him to take up the shield once again. Plus his character really isn't that popular at the moment so his death could possibly boost his popularity and we know how much Marvel LOVES to kill people off just to get their name out there more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Is this part of Marvel's "We're gonna kill someone every 4 months" deal?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Jake Fury said:
    " Is this part of Marvel's "We're gonna kill someone every 4 months" deal? "
    Gosh I hope not.....
    Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear Marvel,

I know I made jokes in the past like "Kill Whitey" or "Too many peckers in the woods" but I was just joking around and I didnt mean him in particular. I was really meant someone like Doom or Sharon Carter. I didn't know that you literally would take it in consideration and pick Bucky. If I had known that these kind of jokes would get to your decision making believe me I'm serious when I say this. I really would have stopped. So from the bottom of my heart and I mean this. Please don't kill Bucky.

Sincerely yours,

FOTM 

P.S. Just to show you I am serious. i have enclosed my autograph poster of Sebastian Stan, You know the guy who plays Bucky in upcoming Captain America: First Avenger movie. He doesn't want Bucky to die neither. So take it as an olive branch and consideration my apology genuine.

Save Bucky!
    Save Bucky!

gordocomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gordocomics
    @digimod said:
    " @Primmaster64 said:

I like Bucky as Cap (a lot) but I like Brubakers stories more.  I will not miss out on some good comic book reading just because Bucky is killed and/or Steve retakes the Captain America role.  I will be emotionally engaged though. "
    i absolutely feel the same way. I love bucky, but i feel like fraction or brubaker (depending on whether its in captain america or fear itself) could give him a very good death. i, too, will be emotionally engaged.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Primmaster64

Why would they kill Bucky after just 5 years?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mercy_
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:

"Yes lol. That's who I meant. "

Your avy is making me have bad thoughts.Is that Ravager? "
    It was, yes.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "Why would they kill Bucky after just 5 years? "

Dude it's Marvel.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't buy this. Mostly from the fact that Dakens comic is setting up his revenge on Barnes since the first issue.

sentrylives111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sentrylives111

buckys gonna trip and fall on a nial and die
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#26  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

If you keep supporting Marvel..this will keep happening.They think they are smarter than you..that they can put out any bullsh#t comic and you will by it and so far they've ben correct.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Vance Astro said:
    " If you keep supporting Marvel..this will keep happening.They think they are smarter than you..that they can put out any bullsh#t comic and you will by it and so far they've ben correct. "
    I hate to admit it but the guys got a point
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " If you keep supporting Marvel..this will keep happening.They think they are smarter than you..that they can put out any bullsh#t comic and you will by it and so far they've ben correct. "
    But that's just it, we (the readers) have been reading the comics and have watched Bucky grow more and more into the role of Captain America; I personally have almost every issue of Bucky as Captain America (from the main Cap series except for I think one issue that I never got around to tracking down.) It's not us buying the books that is screwing us over, but the fact that the people at Marvel are idiots and have decided "Oh hey, there's a movie coming out in July, let's throw everything we've done over the past few years out the window and act like it never happened!". It's not the fan's fault, it's Marvel themselves.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    But that's just it, we (the readers) have been reading the comics and have watched Bucky grow more and more into the role of Captain America; I personally have almost every issue of Bucky as Captain America (from the main Cap series except for I think one issue that I never got around to tracking down.) It's not us buying the books that is screwing us over, but the fact that the people at Marvel are idiots and have decided "Oh hey, there's a movie coming out in July, let's throw everything we've done over the past few years out the window and act like it never happened!". It's not the fan's fault, it's Marvel themselves. "
    I meant in general.Captain America's book IMO was amazing with Bucky as Cap.I can see why you bought it but what I mean is Marvel makes moves that we all hate and in general many of us still go out and by the comics with the stupid changes.Remember when the Heroic Age started and we finally found out who the (New) Avengers going to be.How many people had an issue with it but still read it? I'm just giving that as an example there has been plenty of times Marvel has tried to raise suspense by killing some one off or they just generally made a stupid move and people still take part in their own misery.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    But that's just it, we (the readers) have been reading the comics and have watched Bucky grow more and more into the role of Captain America; I personally have almost every issue of Bucky as Captain America (from the main Cap series except for I think one issue that I never got around to tracking down.) It's not us buying the books that is screwing us over, but the fact that the people at Marvel are idiots and have decided "Oh hey, there's a movie coming out in July, let's throw everything we've done over the past few years out the window and act like it never happened!". It's not the fan's fault, it's Marvel themselves. "
    I meant in general.Captain America's book IMO was amazing with Bucky as Cap.I can see why you bought it but what I mean is Marvel makes moves that we all hate and in general many of us still go out and by the comics with the stupid changes.Remember when the Heroic Age started and we finally found out who the (New) Avengers going to be.How many people had an issue with it but still read it? I'm just giving that as an example there has been plenty of times Marvel has tried to raise suspense by killing some one off or they just generally made a stupid move and people still take part in their own misery. "
    Agreed, I remember how people were giving Jeph Loeb so much hate about the Red Hulk and G-Man was interviewing him and he explained it plain and simple that if we want Marvel to know that we don't like what they're doing, stop buying the books. They'll notice if sales start to decline and when it starts effecting them getting our money, they'll begin to listen to see what the fans do and don't like about what they are doing.

But one thing I wonder about this issue is that the fans are divided, some love Bucky as Cap, while others like Steve wielding the shield. To me, it would be much easier and would make Marvel much more money just to please both sides and make both Steve and Bucky Captain America. Not only would the readers get what they want, but Marvel would still get their money as well and everyone is happy. Why is that so hard for Marvel to do?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    Agreed, I remember how people were giving Jeph Loeb so much hate about the Red Hulk and G-Man was interviewing him and he explained it plain and simple that if we want Marvel to know that we don't like what they're doing, stop buying the books. They'll notice if sales start to decline and when it starts effecting them getting our money, they'll begin to listen to see what the fans do and don't like about what they are doing.But one thing I wonder about this issue is that the fans are divided, some love Bucky as Cap, while others like Steve wielding the shield. To me, it would be much easier and would make Marvel much more money just to please both sides and make both Steve and Bucky Captain America. Not only would the readers get what they want, but Marvel would still get their money as well and everyone is happy. Why is that so hard for Marvel to do? "
    I think it's completely irresponsible to build a character up like they did Bucky and get so many people liking him and then just can him in place of Steve.It would be nice if Bucky at least got his own persona.It basically makes the retcon to bring him back pointless in that case.I just think we need to do something so that Marvel knows they are doing something wrong because if they base their success or what they think is success on sales they definitely are probably under the assumption they are doing well even with all the gimmicks,cop-outs,and pointless events.I am a fan of both Bucky and Steve but I would rather if Steve had stayed dead and let Bucky keep the mantle.All the killing characters off for the hell of it and then bringing them back is annoying to me especially in Cap's case where they tried to make it seem if he wasn't coming back.They actually went out of there way.Like for instance when Thor conjured Steve's spirit and talked to him.I thought that right there was proof he was really dead.Steve should have never come back as far as I'm concerned.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Maybe Bucky is the American Panther.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Agreed, I remember how people were giving Jeph Loeb so much hate about the Red Hulk and G-Man was interviewing him and he explained it plain and simple that if we want Marvel to know that we don't like what they're doing, stop buying the books. They'll notice if sales start to decline and when it starts effecting them getting our money, they'll begin to listen to see what the fans do and don't like about what they are doing.But one thing I wonder about this issue is that the fans are divided, some love Bucky as Cap, while others like Steve wielding the shield. To me, it would be much easier and would make Marvel much more money just to please both sides and make both Steve and Bucky Captain America. Not only would the readers get what they want, but Marvel would still get their money as well and everyone is happy. Why is that so hard for Marvel to do? "
    I think it's completely irresponsible to build a character up like they did Bucky and get so many people liking him and then just can him in place of Steve.It would be nice if Bucky at least got his own persona.It basically makes the retcon to bring him back pointless in that case.I just think we need to do something so that Marvel knows they are doing something wrong because if they base their success or what they think is success on sales they definitely are probably under the assumption they are doing well even with all the gimmicks,cop-outs,and pointless events.I am a fan of both Bucky and Steve but I would rather if Steve had stayed dead and let Bucky keep the mantle.All the killing characters off for the hell of it and then bringing them back is annoying to me especially in Cap's case where they tried to make it seem if he wasn't coming back.They actually went out of there way.Like for instance when Thor conjured Steve's spirit and talked to him.I thought that right there was proof he was really dead.Steve should have never come back as far as I'm concerned. "
    But what can we do to get Marvel's attention? I'm serious, I've hated Steve since he came back; his death was perfect and done so well that bringing him back was pointless and destroyed what his death meant completely. I'd love to do something to keep Marvel from doing away with all they've done with Bucky, but what CAN we do other than not buy Steve's books?
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

wow...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Primmaster64

We need togo foward marvel not backsword.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    I think it's completely irresponsible to build a character up like they did Bucky and get so many people liking him and then just can him in place of Steve.It would be nice if Bucky at least got his own persona.It basically makes the retcon to bring him back pointless in that case.I just think we need to do something so that Marvel knows they are doing something wrong because if they base their success or what they think is success on sales they definitely are probably under the assumption they are doing well even with all the gimmicks,cop-outs,and pointless events.I am a fan of both Bucky and Steve but I would rather if Steve had stayed dead and let Bucky keep the mantle.All the killing characters off for the hell of it and then bringing them back is annoying to me especially in Cap's case where they tried to make it seem if he wasn't coming back.They actually went out of there way.Like for instance when Thor conjured Steve's spirit and talked to him.I thought that right there was proof he was really dead.Steve should have never come back as far as I'm concerned. "
    But what can we do to get Marvel's attention? I'm serious, I've hated Steve since he came back; his death was perfect and done so well that bringing him back was pointless and destroyed what his death meant completely. I'd love to do something to keep Marvel from doing away with all they've done with Bucky, but what CAN we do other than not buy Steve's books? "
    Petition time.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Vance Astro:
    No we should hire someone to off Bendis,Loeb and Quesada.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @Vance Astro: No we should hire someone to off Bendis,Loeb and Quesada. "
    You think you can kill Bendis,Loeb and Quesada? Is that what you really think?
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DH69

damn i liked steves current suit it looks bad ass and actually practical...to bad he has to go back to those stupid wings.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    But what can we do to get Marvel's attention? I'm serious, I've hated Steve since he came back; his death was perfect and done so well that bringing him back was pointless and destroyed what his death meant completely. I'd love to do something to keep Marvel from doing away with all they've done with Bucky, but what CAN we do other than not buy Steve's books? "
    Petition time. "
    Just tell me where to sign.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DH69 said:
    "

damn i liked steves current suit it looks bad ass and actually practical...to bad he has to go back to those stupid wings.

"
    I like the Super Soldier costume as well.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    You think you can kill Bendis,Loeb and Quesada? Is that what you really think? "

Maybe i can daydream can't i? LOL
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    You think you can kill Bendis,Loeb and Quesada? Is that what you really think? "
    Maybe i can daydream can't i? LOL "
    LOL.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    Petition time. "
    Just tell me where to sign. "
    Yea start one I will def sign@Vance Astro said:
    " @DH69 said:
    "

"
    I like the Super Soldier costume as well. "
    Same they should just keep Steve in that costume and make his on-going Steve Rogers: Super Solider running around doing his covert thing
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    @Vance Astro said:

" @DH69 said:

"

"
    What does this mean for Secret Avengers?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Metatron_Da_Don said:
    " @Vance Astro said:

" @DH69 said:

"

"
    What does this mean for Secret Avengers? "
    From what I know, Steve is still going to be leading the Secret Avengers, but whether or not this will change when Steve returns to being Cap is unclear since Marvel did say that all of the Avengers team's (or at least the main, Secret, and New Avengers) will all be getting roster changes soon (probably after Fear Itself wides down).
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    @War Killer:  Thanks I didnt know that.
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By fACEmelter88
    @Nobody said:
    " Just in time for the Captain America movie. I love Marvel's marketing team :) "

they should have kept Steve "dead" until around movie time
    Praetor_fenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By Praetor_fenix
    @gordocomics: Yes, my faith in Fear Itself is supported by the story quality of Invincible Ironman (Fraction) and Captain America (Brubaker), to me they are the best current writers in Marvel, but i really hope they do not kill Bucky, kill the falcon and make Bucky take the mantle or something (Yes, sounds pretty cheap, but i'd rather that than the death of Bucky).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.