Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Solid Snake will still live on... through the Winter Soldier

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

I would have never thought two of my favorite characters would be merged together in some fashion. David Hayter, as some of you may know, will be (or is already, don't know when he comes out) voicing the Witner Soldier in the Marvel Heroes game. Winter Soldier will have a young Solid Snake's voice from MGS1.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David Hayter has also voiced Captain America himself before. I'm actually not sure how I feel about this, I love seeing David Hayter around, but... he's literally just using the same voice for Bucky as he uses for Snake. I'm watching that trailer and it's like I'm listening to Snake monologue while Winter Soldier runs around. It really doesn't work for me, but hey if you're unfamiliar with Snake, then now you get to experience one of the coolest voices coming out of the Winter Soldier's mouth.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: Yeah, I'm aware of him voicing cap. I was first introduced to him in guyver anime though, so when I heard snake I knew where he was from right away.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Looking forward to this. <3 David Hayter has always been my favorite voice actor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@samimista: You were the first person I thought of when I saw this. :3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.