Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Infinity Formula

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was wondering if someone here could help me with this doubt. Bucky received the infinity formula that saved his life, for coincidence this is the same formula that was granted to Mockingbird or it´s just the same Nick Fury received long ago?

from Mockingbird bio: "Recent exposure to a cross between the super soldier serum and the infinity formula have granted Bobbi powers. Although the full effects of the serum are unknown, she has displayed enhanced healing, super strength, durability and agility."

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ThexX

@HigorM: Yes the infinity formula was given to Bucky to save his life after the fight with Sin in Fear Itself. Bucky did not gain any powers.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@ThexX: okay thanks bro.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@ThexX said:

@HigorM: Yes the infinity formula was given to Bucky to save his life after the fight with Sin in Fear Itself. Bucky did not gain any powers.

Well aside from the slowed aging that comes from taking it, but that's not technically a power so yeah.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThexX

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I don't think he even got that from the Infinity formula (Slowed Aging). Here's my theory since he was so close to death I think the infinity formula only saved his life and that's it.But I could be wrong. We well just wait and see if he gets the slow aging.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@thexx said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: I don't think he even got that from the Infinity formula (Slowed Aging). Here's my theory since he was so close to death I think the infinity formula only saved his life and that's it.But I could be wrong. We well just wait and see if he gets the slow aging.

Has this been brought up at all since it happened? I think you have to keep using the Infinity Formula for it to work.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jonny_anonymous: I dunno. Nick eventually just had slowed aging from taking it for so long. Maybe such a big dose did the same for Bucky? Meh, whatever.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThexX
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@thexx: I presume it was just the easiest way they could think of getting Bucky back on his feet for his own ongoing and wasn't really a plot point. BTW I changed my profile pic because i noticed you had the same one LOL

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThexX

@jonny_anonymous: Thats what I think too. I saw that you had the same pic. If you want you can go back to it. I'm thinking of using a pic from the Cap movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Nah I'm ok lol I'm gonna keep this and then change it to Bucky on the day I get to watch the movie lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Nick just needed to take it to prolong his life. Without it, he'll start aging at a normal rate.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@slimj87d said:

I believe Nick just needed to take it to prolong his life. Without it, he'll start aging at a normal rate.

Yea that's what I thought but wasn't Fury Jr born with it in his blood or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.