Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2102 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Cap Movie?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Will Bucky be in the new Captain America movie? Do you want him to be in it, if so Why or Why not?

No Caption Provided

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

It depends if its a slightly older Bucky sure, but if its the kid Bucky no. What I really want to see in the Cap movie is the Invaders, like Namor and the Human Torch.

BTW cool pic.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Thanks got it from Bucky's page, yeah I wouldn't mind him being like 18 or 19, but what I wondering is will they turn him into Winter Soldier in maybe the second movie?

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mutant X

Nahh... they should do Steve. He was the one that was in the Avengers.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I don't know about the Winter Soldier angle, now if they want to bring him in as a possible Cap villian in a later Cap/Avengers movie sure, but I think you'll probably see him killed off in the first one.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Nova`Prime` said:
    "I don't know about the Winter Soldier angle, now if they want to bring him in as a possible Cap villian in a later Cap/Avengers movie sure, but I think you'll probably see him killed off in the first one."
    Awwwww :( I think Buck is cool, they could just do first one Cap in WWII and have him and Bucky frozen at the end, second one Cap's in our time with Bucky as Winter Soldier, and the Third one - Steve is killed by the Red Skull and Bucky becomes Cap. This idea probably won't happen though, but I can dream right
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    aztek the lost said:
    "they could make the Captain America movie about the time the Invaders had to fight N2, and make Mr. Sinister the protagonist!!!! (Weapon X #14)"
    Will they even put the Invaders in? I mean their trying ste up The Avengers so would they want to throw in another team, and plus they would have to explain who Namor, Himan Torch, Spitfire, Union Jack, even are, (They could do this to lead to other spin-offs) but I don't know, the idea is cool but will it work?
    Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Paragon

I'll play Bucky!

As for the Invaders, one or two I think could make an appearance, or at least get mentioned. Seeing as it's a Cap solo movie, I would hope Marvel has learned from Fox that you can't just throw in all the characters and expect to please the fanboys. You end up with a Gambit situation. I'd just be happy with a line like "Union Jack and Spitfire are held up back in Normandy." or something like that.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd like to see Bucky in the Captain America movie. And as Winter Soldier in the second and get turned back by Steve.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'd like to see Bucky.

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Band Lone

He should since winter Soldier is one of his enemies, they have to show some origin.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    Paragon said:
    "I'll play Bucky! As for the Invaders, one or two I think could make an appearance, or at least get mentioned. Seeing as it's a Cap solo movie, I would hope Marvel has learned from Fox that you can't just throw in all the characters and expect to please the fanboys. You end up with a Gambit situation. I'd just be happy with a line like "Union Jack and Spitfire are held up back in Normandy." or something like that."
    You know I actually said the same thing awhile back about some of the Invaders just being mentioned, but I really want to see Namor. After all Namor was the one who found him in the original comic. But you never know how they are going to go, I don't want to see alot of heros flying around the battlefields of Europe, but if they are in the background or just mentioned I'd be okay with that, it does show that the superhero world is bigger and older then just modern times.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By iLLituracy

I think. I wouldn't mind if Bucky wasn't a costumed hero, maybe if he were just some soldier that often accompanies Cap, but I want to see Bucky in this film, definitely because Bucky is much too important and vital to the original source to just make it about Cap.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    PrinceIMC said:
    "I'd like to see Bucky in the Captain America movie. And as Winter Soldier in the second and get turned back by Steve."
    I think they should have Winter Soldier in the second, but I wonder if he'll become Cap in the third?

Nova`Prime` said:
    "Paragon said:
    "I'll play Bucky! As for the Invaders, one or two I think could make an appearance, or at least get mentioned. Seeing as it's a Cap solo movie, I would hope Marvel has learned from Fox that you can't just throw in all the characters and expect to please the fanboys. You end up with a Gambit situation. I'd just be happy with a line like "Union Jack and Spitfire are held up back in Normandy." or something like that."
    You know I actually said the same thing awhile back about some of the Invaders just being mentioned, but I really want to see Namor. After all Namor was the one who found him in the original comic. But you never know how they are going to go, I don't want to see alot of heros flying around the battlefields of Europe, but if they are in the background or just mentioned I'd be okay with that, it does show that the superhero world is bigger and older then just modern times."
    That sounds like a really good idea!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.