San Diego Comic-Con 2009: Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: First Flight

Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how good this movie is.  Even though Bruce isn't allowed to talk about DC's future animated projects, it's pretty interesting how many they have in the works at the moment.  Pretty cool to know.

Staff
#1 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i've heard the rumors before, but could the sequel that they are working on be the animated story of "The Sinestro Corps War?"  please please please let it be so!!!  :)

#2 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Timm > God! I watch at least an episode of BTAS weekly. I'm still trying to figure out if that makes me a passionate Timm/Dini fan or outright pathetic...but I don't even care. I love this man.

#3 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

oh sh!t, oh sh!t, oh sh!t you actually interviewed Bruce legend Timm?

I couldn't be more jealous

#4 Posted by The Batman! (879 posts) - - Show Bio

Good interview i love bruce timm and his teams work

#5 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope one of their projects that he can't would be a Kingdom Come and Dark Knight Returns animated feature, but not cut back anything like they had to do with some parts from New Frontier. Also, like to see him & the others do a Shazam animated movie as well.

#6 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

you should have asked why none of the animated films are longer than 77 minutes.  they could make some SWEET 2 hour flicks  :)

#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
"Bruce Timm > God! I watch at least an episode of BTAS weekly. I'm still trying to figure out if that makes me a passionate Timm/Dini fan or outright pathetic...but I don't even care. I love this man. "

as long you don't have batman curtains drawn while you watch then your just fine
#8 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:

Hah! Don't worry, I'm not that far gone. ;]
#9 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet, glad to know more of these are on the way.

#10 Posted by Defiant (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Just picked up this Movie! oh yeah

#11 Posted by Wizarda (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet,i liked the movie and the interview.Was he wearing a GL ring ? ;o

#12 Posted by G-Man (31791 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wizarda said:
" Sweet,i liked the movie and the interview.Was he wearing a GL ring ? ;o "
They all had glowing GL rings.  I think you might be able to get a better look in another interview I'll post today.
Staff
#13 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to buy it right now!!!

#14 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they do Grant Morrison's Batman that would be cool to see animated.

#15 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

that's great news to hear all the future movie projects 3-6 in total

#16 Posted by AirDave817 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really been enjoying the Comic Con coverage! Very cool interview! It's great to know that there's going to be other animated movies. I would hope that there would be maybe a Shazam, Flash and Aquaman movie; I'd love to see a Martian Manhunter movie, just to round out the League. Hopefully there's some other stuff in there, too, like Titans...Isn't there a Jonah Hex animated movie coming? Maybe that's the one that was "just coming back from Korea"...

#17 Edited by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be on this website today if it wasn't for Bruce Timm.

Just saw GL First Flight. It was amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.