Follow

Bruce Lee

Character » Bruce Lee appears in 98 issues.

Arguably the most influential figure in modern martial arts, Bruce Lee is the backbone of Mixed Martial Arts and the philosophy of Jeet Kune Do. Broadening the Western world to the numerous styles of East Asia, he is credited with the rising popularity of eastern martial arts, and partially thanked for the popularity of eastern philosophy in the West.

Bruce Lee

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr. Smiths

How would he had done if he was in MMA. Lets ust pretend now, he is alive, in his I say late 20s, and he was doing mixed martal arts. Do you think he would dominate?

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FLCL1
    @Mr. Smiths:
    good question. his stand up is already top of the line but what about ground game?
    Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Smiths
    @FLCL1 said:
    "@Mr. Smiths: good question. his stand up is already top of the line but what about ground game? "

Good question....but could anybody be good enough to get im tgo the ground?...he ws quick as nails.
    Grandma's Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grandma's Boy
    @Mr. Smiths: Great point he is quick...REALLY quick but he really only has his speed. if he was taken down he could lose 7/10 especially if the guy had a black belt in judo imo
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @Mr. Smiths said:
    "@FLCL1 said:
    "@Mr. Smiths: good question. his stand up is already top of the line but what about ground game? "
    Good question....but could anybody be good enough to get im tgo the ground?...he ws quick as nails. "

He had a really good background in Jui Jitsu....
    FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FLCL1
    @Mr. Smiths said:
    "@FLCL1 said:
    Good question....but could anybody be good enough to get im tgo the ground?...he ws quick as nails. "

true
    Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Smiths

What division would he be in?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Mr. Smiths said:
    " What division would he be in? "
    probably Featherweight... I dont think Bruce Lee weighed much more than 140 lbs or so... 
    Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twelve

I dont he'd be to good at grappling..  
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Twelve said:
    " I dont he'd be to good at grappling..   "
    why not ? the OP says Bruce Lee can train with MMA as well as what he has with Traditional Martial Arts... I think with MMA Training on top of what Bruce Lee already has in skill... Bruce Lee would be one hell of an opponent... 
    Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twelve
    @King Saturn:
    He'd most likley learn how to get out of it.. and not use it. I cant really see him wanting to get a win by using arm-bars and others, I could see him wanting to punch and kick the crap out out of the guy :D Thats the Bruce Lee I know XD     
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Twelve said:
    " @King Saturn: He'd most likley learn how to get out of it.. and not use it. I cant really see him wanting to get a win by using arm-bars and others, I could see him wanting to punch and kick the crap out out of the guy :D Thats the Bruce Lee I know XD      "
    wait a minute... didnt Bruce Lee in the beginning of Enter the Dragon during that sparring match beat someone using an Armbar ? why would he not use it in real life then... especially since Bruce Lee did train with Judo a little anyways... 
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Twelve said:
    " @King Saturn: He'd most likley learn how to get out of it.. and not use it. I cant really see him wanting to get a win by using arm-bars and others, I could see him wanting to punch and kick the crap out out of the guy :D Thats the Bruce Lee I know XD      "
    you remember this fight right... 

Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Twelve
    @King Saturn:
    oww.. I cant remember if he did, still it doesn't put him on the level of the fighter who do it now!
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Twelve said:
    " @King Saturn: oww.. I cant remember if he did, still it doesn't put him on the level of the fighter who do it now! "
    but with MMA Training... it probably could put him on that level... thats the key here... if Bruce Lee had some MMA Training as well as his Traditional Martial Arts background... could he be a successful MMA Fighter... and I believe he could easily... 
    Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Yeah me too.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @King Saturn said:
    " @Twelve said:
    " @King Saturn: oww.. I cant remember if he did, still it doesn't put him on the level of the fighter who do it now! "
    but with MMA Training... it probably could put him on that level... thats the key here... if Bruce Lee had some MMA Training as well as his Traditional Martial Arts background... could he be a successful MMA Fighter... and I believe he could easily...  "

But hes the father of MMA because of all the Backgrounds he trained in and his natural amazing physical ablilties.... Boxing, Ju-jitsu, Judo, Karate, etc. and even creating his own style Jeet Kundo. He would be great in MMA now.... He trained at weights between 130-160 lbs..... He that guys that coul done alot and great things...
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Lantern Prime said:
    " @King Saturn said:
    " @Twelve said:
    but with MMA Training... it probably could put him on that level... thats the key here... if Bruce Lee had some MMA Training as well as his Traditional Martial Arts background... could he be a successful MMA Fighter... and I believe he could easily...  "
    But hes the father of MMA because of all the Backgrounds he trained in and his natural amazing physical ablilties.... Boxing, Ju-jitsu, Judo, Karate, etc. and even creating his own style Jeet Kundo. He would be great in MMA now.... He trained at weights between 130-160 lbs..... He that guys that coul done alot and great things... "
    he would still need MMA Training though... he cant just expect to jump into the cage with the skill he has in those Traditional Styles and dominate...  
    Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Would his fighting style be toned down alot? He would not be able to do them movie like fighting style which was real by the way.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
    @Mr. Smiths said:
    " Would his fighting style be toned down alot? He would not be able to do them movie like fighting style which was real by the way. "
    well we probably wont be seeing any flying kicks from Bruce in a MMA match... but you will see his lightning quick striking speed... but what would be interesting to see is how Bruce Lee deals with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu masters in a MMA Cage... 
    lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lagoon_boy
    I don't think he would do any good with his kung fu...you wouldn't survive an MMA bout if you stick and fight with only one martial art.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
    deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With adequate time to do modern MMA training, on top of what he already knew in martial arts and philosophy, Bruce had what it took to be one of the best in his weight division if he were alive today.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.