Bruce Lee

#1 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

What do u all think of Bruce lee

#2 Posted by Mantid (4418 posts) - - Show Bio

He has too many muscles and he thinks he can fly... that's what I think about him.

#3 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the greatest fighter in the world

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee was one of the most hardcore men in the martial arts business ever.

Period.
Post Edited:2007-09-08 21:54:57

#5 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a bruce lee movie once

Than one day my ps2 broke so i wanted to wacth my movie

but get this i recoded over it with a dbz game

so i have no ps2 or my movie

#6 Posted by Blood Shock (14 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce lee is ausome

#7 Posted by Blood Shock (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#8 Posted by Blood Shock (14 posts) - - Show Bio

so sad

#9 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"power kid says:
"I had a bruce lee movie once Than one day my ps2 broke so i wanted to wacth my movie but get this i recoded over it with a dbz game so i have no ps2 or my movie"
dude that friken sux"
I Know I was pissed
Post Edited:2007-09-08 22:45:33
#10 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"I had a bruce lee movie once Than one day my ps2 broke so i wanted to wacth my movie but get this i recoded over it with a dbz game so i have no ps2 or my movie"

dude that friken sux

#11 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee is physical perfection, his body is the greatest this world has ever seen. He is easily the best fighter Earth has ever seen.

#12 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish he was not dead

#13 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

anyway bruce lee is the toughest mother fucker i ever saw. i learned how to use knunchucks thanks to those movies.

#14 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

which one

#15 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

so do we all. you know his kid's in balls of furry.

#16 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought his son was dead

#17 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i can't remember the name, but he's the one with long hair if that helps, he had a gotee

#18 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

thats wqhat i heard, my bud told me i guess that he had two kids. i know one died when he was in a movie. he was going to have a blank shot at him, but some one loaded it with real bulletes instead.

#19 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah

The green hornet i think
Post Edited:2007-09-08 22:58:35

#20 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

his son was brandon... he only had one son and one daughter (shannon). brandon played the crow and in that movie he was killed, the props department had not checked the prop gun properly and one of the blanks from a previous fire had lodged itself in the barrel, when the next blank was fired it caused the lodged part in the barrel to become a projectile. it struck him in the stomach and he later died. the scene was replaced with a different death scene and a double. the crow was brandons last and best movie, much like bruces "enter the dragon" which was his last and best.

#21 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee was the man. Sad he died though.

#22 Posted by sonicmora (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea he was.He was very talented,and could of shown the world more.

#23 Posted by Space Phantom v6.1 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"his son was brandon... he only had one son and one daughter (shannon). brandon played the crow and in that movie he was killed, the props department had not checked the prop gun properly and one of the blanks from a previous fire had lodged itself in the barrel, when the next blank was fired it caused the lodged part in the barrel to become a projectile. it struck him in the stomach and he later died. the scene was replaced with a different death scene and a double. the crow was brandons last and best movie, much like bruces "enter the dragon" which was his last and best."

Such a tragedy,my brother has been training since he was little in Bruce's fighting style and hes been working out alot,but Bruce Lee is truly one of the best fighters out there

#24 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Lee was a pioneer, and a fantastic fighter/teacher. However, many of you guys are insane, or bias, to call him the "best" or "toughest" fighter ever, that's just silly...the guy would have gotten absolutely MAULED by MANY of todays best MMA fighters!

Period!

#25 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeet Kune Do

#26 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Bruce Lee was a pioneer, and a fantastic fighter/teacher. However, many of you guys are insane, or bias, to call him the "best" or "toughest" fighter ever, that's just silly...the guy would have gotten absolutely MAULED by MANY of todays best MMA fighters! Period!"

it's hard to say that without having seen him in a fight right? he was such a gifted martial artist i think he would have a good chance against anyone in his weight, but if he had to fight someone 60 or 100 lbs bigger then he would probably lose.

#27 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"Bruce Lee was a pioneer, and a fantastic fighter/teacher. However, many of you guys are insane, or bias, to call him the "best" or "toughest" fighter ever, that's just silly...the guy would have gotten absolutely MAULED by MANY of todays best MMA fighters! Period!"

it's hard to say that without having seen him in a fight right? he was such a gifted martial artist i think he would have a good chance against anyone in his weight, but if he had to fight someone 60 or 100 lbs bigger then he would probably lose."

I agree.

#28 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
it's hard to say that without having seen him in a fight right? he was such a gifted martial artist i think he would have a good chance against anyone in his weight, but if he had to fight someone 60 or 100 lbs bigger then he would probably lose."

WTF

What is wrong with you

#29 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
I agree."

i heard on the streets he was chaledged by many guys bigger then him nd came out on top, but the majority of them were probably rizzed.

#30 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
I agree."

i dont"

Fascinating :P

#31 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
I agree."

i dont

#32 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

WTF

What is wrong with you"

hey man, don't speak to her that way

#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Boken says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
I agree."

i heard on the streets he was chaledged by many guys bigger then him nd came out on top, but the majority of them were probably rizzed."

There are people all over the world that nobody's ever heard of who would kick Bruce Lee's ass. He's a hero of mine and a cult icon but he wasn't unbeatable.

#34 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Boken says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
I agree."
i heard on the streets he was chaledged by many guys bigger then him nd came out on top, but the majority of them were probably rizzed."
There are people all over the world that nobody's ever heard of who would kick Bruce Lee's ass. He's a hero of mine and a cult icon but he wasn't unbeatable."

i understand that, i was just saying that he kicked a lot of guys ass, but the majority of them were wasted.

#35 Posted by power kid (898 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"power kid says:
"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
WTF What is wrong with you"
hey man, don't speak to her that way"

my bad she just shocked me

#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

what thoughts are going through that little head of yours? are you just trying to say that your love for bruce lee overcomes all reason so if someone doesn't fall to their knees and pray to him that you immediately think they are crazy?

#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

power kid says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"power kid says:
"Apparition says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
hey man, don't speak to her that way"
my bad she just shocked me"

no you can say whatever you want but if you are asking me what the f is wrong with me, maybe you'd care to say where you think i'm wrong...

#38 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

we talk about MMA and how the cage fighters of today would smash him... probably true but you have to remember bruce was the first MMA, his phylosophy is MMA, if alive today he would not be the same fighter as he was 30 years ago... he learnt from karate he learnt from wrestling, he learnt from jiujitsu, he was decades ahead of his time and fighting would have remained in the dark ages if not for the UFC placing different styles in the same ring but he had already figured out everyone else was wrong 20 years earlier. in the space of 10 years he changed from a strict classic style to a stlye of his own that constantly grew and changed and knew know bounderies. if alive at the begining of the UFC he would have been a pioneer trainer, if alive and in his 20s at the beginning of UFC he could well have been a champion, because he was not only an exceptional athlete but also a genius within the art of fighting. we remember his movies and we thhink of his kicking and punching but if you watch again you might see bruce submit samo hung in an arm bar in enter the dragon or choke out kareem abdul jabar in game of death... he is a legend because if he was alive in any period he would have become the best in that time.

#39 Posted by BLACK DAWN (75 posts) - - Show Bio

no other has influenced martial arts or the pop culture around it more than this man.

#40 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"we talk about MMA and how the cage fighters of today would smash him... probably true but you have to remember bruce was the first MMA, his phylosophy is MMA, if alive today he would not be the same fighter as he was 30 years ago... he learnt from karate he learnt from wrestling, he learnt from jiujitsu, he was decades ahead of his time and fighting would have remained in the dark ages if not for the UFC placing different styles in the same ring but he had already figured out everyone else was wrong 20 years earlier. in the space of 10 years he changed from a strict classic style to a stlye of his own that constantly grew and changed and knew know bounderies. if alive at the begining of the UFC he would have been a pioneer trainer, if alive and in his 20s at the beginning of UFC he could well have been a champion, because he was not only an exceptional athlete but also a genius within the art of fighting. we remember his movies and we thhink of his kicking and punching but if you watch again you might see bruce submit samo hung in an arm bar in enter the dragon or choke out kareem abdul jabar in game of death... he is a legend because if he was alive in any period he would have become the best in that time. "

I agree with that. He would have been Royce Gracie but better. In the beginning of the UFC Royce Gracie was beating guys 50 to 100 pounds out of his weight class, back when they weren't doing weight divisions, hell those guys would fight three fights in one night. Bruce Lee would have been there, and he would have dominated.

#41 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"I agree with that. He would have been Royce Gracie but better. In the beginning of the UFC Royce Gracie was beating guys 50 to 100 pounds out of his weight class, back when they weren't doing weight divisions, hell those guys would fight three fights in one night. Bruce Lee would have been there, and he would have dominated."

Its a sliding scale. Anyone can beat someone 100 lbs heavier than they are, if they are that much more skilled than the larger opponent. But as the skill level of the bigger man goes up, the chances of the smaller man winning go down. The larger fighter does not have to come close to the same skill level of the smaller fighter, before his size advantage makes him the victor. So Bruce would have cleaned up on a lot of guys bigger than he was, but there are some that he just could not have beaten.

#42 Posted by Mr. Ubiquitous (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"King of Kings says:
"I agree with that. He would have been Royce Gracie but better. In the beginning of the UFC Royce Gracie was beating guys 50 to 100 pounds out of his weight class, back when they weren't doing weight divisions, hell those guys would fight three fights in one night. Bruce Lee would have been there, and he would have dominated."

Its a sliding scale. Anyone can beat someone 100 lbs heavier than they are, if they are that much more skilled than the larger opponent. But as the skill level of the bigger man goes up, the chances of the smaller man winning go down. The larger fighter does not have to come close to the same skill level of the smaller fighter, before his size advantage makes him the victor. So Bruce would have cleaned up on a lot of guys bigger than he was, but there are some that he just could not have beaten."

Skillfully written, I concur completely!

Bruce might well have been a light weight MMA fighting champion, or perhaps even a middle weight champion (there are some REAL good middle weights, however)...but its all hypothesis in the end, we'll never know for sure. As 'Forever' wrote, to think he could have defeated highly skilled, and MUCH stronger heavy weights in todays evolved fighting, is wishing/hoping, more than fact.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.