Follow

Doctor Voodoo

Character » Doctor Voodoo appears in 599 issues.

Born in Haiti, Jericho Drumm left for America to become a doctor. When he received word that his brother was dying because of a Voodoo Curse, he got revenge by learning Voodoo from Papa Jambo, thus becoming an indispensable ally to Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and the Avengers.

problem with brother voddos protrayal

kamfair55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kamfair55

in new avengers he gets beaten in the first few pages and in the end he is crying to doctor strange about what to do they make it seem like hes a total ametuer he went from putting dormammu in his place beating almost all of earths magic users and outsmarting doctor doom and now hes crying like a baby am i the only one who had a problem with that?

solefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By solefyre

I wholeheartedly agree.  But it's common in comics.  It all depends on the writer - the writer uses a plot device to forward his story.  This time the plot device is Doctor Voodoo.  The stakes have to be sufficiently high, & the power of the Eye of Agamotto falling into the wrong hands is pretty high stakes. 

So Doctor Voodoo got punked.  

Don't worry.  Another writer will come along, see how friggin' cool Voodoo is, & give him the storyline he deserves (I say with trepidation).  

Later.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Midnight Monk

Bendis Effect in full, BMB knows how to ruin characters and what he did with Voodoo in New Avengers in no exception but as a fan of the man  this really struck a cord with me and now with the fact that he supposedly dead is really what pisses me off. I know he'll be back hopefully but if Strange is suddenly Sorcerer Supreme again then Bendis has fail immensely
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AMS
    @Midnight Monk said:

"Bendis Effect in full, BMB knows how to ruin characters and what he did with Voodoo in New Avengers in no exception but as a fan of the man  this really struck a cord with me and now with the fact that he supposedly dead is really what pisses me off. I know he'll be back hopefully but if Strange is suddenly Sorcerer Supreme again then Bendis has fail immensely "

^This^

Any character Bendis gets his hands ends up ruined eventually. Voodoo has been punked big time by Marvel.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vitality

I don't mean to nitpick...but how do you spell his name wrong?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.