Follow

Doctor Voodoo

Character » Doctor Voodoo appears in 599 issues.

Born in Haiti, Jericho Drumm left for America to become a doctor. When he received word that his brother was dying because of a Voodoo Curse, he got revenge by learning Voodoo from Papa Jambo, thus becoming an indispensable ally to Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and the Avengers.

Possible concerns

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

IF he is the Sorcerer Supreme, I am happy that he is getting screen time that is (in my opinion) overdue.  But his magic, to me, is unique.  He (sorta like Storm's ancestor, Ashake) has a large amount of mystic abilities because they are based on his spirituality/religion.  If he starts going off and employing various other Gods/Goddesses, I fear that he may lose what makes him stand out.  His name is Brother Voodoo, not Brother Agamotto.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    White Mage said:
    IF he is the Sorcerer Supreme, I am happy that he is getting screen time that is (in my opinion) ... [more]
    "Hello Brother Agamotto, I'm taking the Eye back" grabs the Eye and runs off
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

I am actually really interested to have him as the Sorcerer Supreme. I hope they write him well and do him justice.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    SUNMAN said:
    I am actually really interested to have him as the Sorcerer Supreme. I hope they write him well and do him ... [more]
    I am happy to see him as well.  I'm just worried that his unique, faith-based magics are going to be compromised.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SUNMAN
    White Mage said:
    SUNMAN said: I am actually really interested to have him as the Sorcerer Supreme. I hope they write him well and ... [more]
    You make a good point. Guess will have to wait and see where Marvel takes him
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By avengpymhawk

As Hanna Montana would say, "Say what"? So many more powerfull mystical characters out there than a guy who can talk the spirit-gods of voodoo.

MOPEHOUND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MOPEHOUND

actually the loas are not spirit gods but more in-betweens to the bondye, or "good god".    at it's heart voodoo is monotheistic, so the loas are just spirits.  much like the catholic saints.  So while i really enjoy this character, and am excited and intrigued by this controversial choice of a sorcerer supreme ( just read a little history of haiti and voodoo, including it's uses by fracois "papa doc" duvalier , to see my meaning) i also don't know how his beliefs would mesh with doctor strange's more eclectic magic  set.  it wouldn't make sense to give these abilities to a priest or rabbi after all, and a houngan  is really no different.

SonofaGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SonofaGoddess

Well I believe stephen strange began with no knowledge of and without a particular magic or religious base and therefore opened himself up to a more diverse magical system, meaning he could call on any number of gods or spirits because he didnt really limit himself to one religion. Brother voodoos magic comes from his belief in Voodoo. If he continues focusing his magick through the confines he can become an even more powerful hougan, which is weird since he is already supposidly the most powerful Voodoo magician in marvel universe. Maybe if the writers do it right they will be able to widen the confines of his abilities by opening him up to more magical systems. I always thought his characters lack of development was very much tied to the fact that his powers are so heavily tied into his religion which most writers are unfamilar with abd no matter how much research one does its hard to get a bigger picture into what a voudon practioner can do without being a follower. I mean its hard when you limit any magical character when you limit them to one system. its as if brother voodoo is trying to shove an anvil through a keyhole, he has all this power but limits it to Voodoo. besides Dr. strange didnt just use gods to increase his spells he used his own personal energy, items of magical power, as well as beings of high spiritual levels (demons, spirits, angels etc.) so I hope they dont just limit him to loa communication and fire manipulations because this can lead to great power development as well as character deeping, I mean how does a highly religious man come to terms with the belief that there might be more powerful beings than the gods he held so close. also want to see strange in his own comic dealing with being a novice again after being the most powerful magician on earth. I hope marvel doesnt drop the ball on these two characters again.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

He made out with Photon..... Then she flew away lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.