Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

What's Coming in Brightest Day?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
        Back in black?
     Back in black?

DC wasn’t kidding when they said that the end of BLACKEST NIGHT was really only just the beginning. Today, their official Source blog has released a number of promos and previews pertaining to BRIGHTEST DAY that are more than a little intriguing.

The first of such mysterious images is David Finch’s cover to BRIGHTEST DAY #4, which you see in ghoulish clarity to the right. The Black Lantern Firestorm is back? How could that be after the Nekron’s defeat at the end of BLACKEST NIGHT? I get the feeling that this has to be some kind of dream or symbolic image - - it’s not like covers are always bound by law to depict what’s literally happening in the issue. The alternate cover shows Hawkman and Hawkgirl as skeletons, so “living death” is obviously going to be a theme of issue #4. But the dead being back, again, would certainly (pun intended) dredge up a lot of worms, wouldn’t it? == TEASER ==

The other previews also show, of course, the new Aqua Lad’s debut in September’s BRIGHTEST DAY ( something we found out last week from Geoff Johns.) There’s also a preview image of the Blue Lantern’s hope entity, Adara, taking possession of a new host - - a young student “destined to be a great savior.” That’s happening while the Spectre’s taking on the Red Lantern’s rage entity. I have to say, once again, that I think it's so exciting how DC's entire cosmology's been rearranged and refocussed over the past couple years. I feel like I'm finally getting the space opera I've wanted to see for so long. My question now is... what’s going to happen to the Ion now that it’s been exorcised from Sodam Yat?

There’s a lot of other BRIGHTEST DAY shenanigans going on with Cyborg Superman and Ganthet intervening in the revolt of the Alpha Lanterns in GL CORPS, Guy Gardner’s uneasy alliance with the Red Lanterns in EMERALD WARRIORS and a White Lantern-guided Martian Manhunter’s venturing into Ollie Queen’s magic forest in GREEN ARROW, along with many others. There may not be a crossover going on right now, per se, but the whole DC line is definitely fitting into a huge storyline.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is available  here and UNIMAGINABLE is available here for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CaptainUseless

A Black Lantern Firestorm, sounds cool.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

I am so excited about this!
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MrDirector786

Maybe some Black Lanterns still remain despite Nekron's defeat or something?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Really enjoying Brightest Day, all sounds good to me.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Moomin123

Oh god, I'm so excited about this next issue, I wonder how Ronnie Raymond will reclaim the black ring.

wolf_party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wolf_party

I have to say, DC has been churning out 100% pure gold lately. I used to be a dedicated Marvelite, but lately the difference in quality storytelling between the two companies has been so huge that I've revoked my Marvel membership and am now strictly Club DC

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By longbowhunter

Everything I've just read has got me so excited. I'd love to follow Guy's new title. Shame it'll be a $3.99/32 pager. Actually really wanna' hear more about the new Aqualad. Love Aquaman, glad he's getting some attention.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jordanstine

Um...so it's actually really Brightest Night? How about Blackest Day

I've only read the first 2 issues but Brightest Day (aka "52" ver. 2.0) is not enticing me like Blackest Night did in just it's 1st issue... it may still be early to tell, but maybe that is why DC's is brining back some of the elements that made Blackest Night what it was.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I seem to remember something in the previous Brightest Day issue where someone was doing something with the skeletal remains of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. That cover might not be as misleading as it appears.

The new Aqualad doesn't look all that "Lad-ish". He looks more masculine then Aquaman.

Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aquamariner

Black Lantern Firestorm can transmute living objects as opposed to regular living firestorm. so it'd be interesting to see Ronnie and Jason go up against a Black Lantern version of FS!

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11  Edited By Green ankh

DC is really knocking out of the park this time.
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

#12  Edited By lostlantern13

This sounds pretty promising. Definitely can't wait to see this
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

Huh.... It's interesting how dark Brightest Day is!

Robotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Robotman

I'm excited to see where the Hawkman Hawkgirl story is leading.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15  Edited By Comiclove5
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "Maybe some Black Lanterns still remain despite Nekron's defeat or something? "

That is a very strong possiblity.
    Sandbox24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sandbox24

Never been a fan of Firestorm BUT Black Lantern Firestorm is such a GREAT character!  

Really happy Blackest Night wasn't the end of him (them?).  

It just goes to show that some super heroes really do make better villains.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself

well they have been hinting that the resurrected 12 still have some sort of connection to their Black Lantern forms in some way so it's not inconceivable that some of them may revert back at some point

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By greenenvy

All am excited about is green arrow, jade, green lantern, maybe black lantern firestorm and Martian man-hunter.  

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Theodore

I think Black Lantern Firestorm is going to have to do with them separating and all that because Dr. Stein and the Atom said it was very dangerous and they heard something during the process.

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
    The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By The Cyan Lantern

GL cover for September looks great and a promising story 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.