Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

Brightest Day Tie-ins

D34dM4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By D34dM4n

so i have been reading the Brightest day stuff (up to issue 7 in the actual Brightest Day books and all of the tie-ins up to that point) so i was just wondering: do i need to read the tie-ins? I read the tie-ins for Blackest Night and thought they were ok and i have not been liking the Brightest Day ones. if i just skip over them and read the main series of books will i miss a lot or can i get away with it.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Trodorne

at this point you do not need to read any of the tie-ins, though there is reference. Green Arrow i would say is the best of anything to read that directly deals with the brightest day. the others are just good reads in general.

D34dM4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By D34dM4n

i have been liking the Green Arrow, The Flash and Birds of Prey. the JLA, Titans and Generation Lost stuff i just havent been able to get into

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zoom

Yeah, none of the tie ins are all that important from what I've read.

They're like Blackest Night or Secret Invasion ones.  Yeah, they deal with what is happening in Brightest Day but you hardly need them to understand the main series.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By JonesDeini
    @D34dM4n: 
    No you absolutely didn't need to, folk. The only tie in you "need"  to be reading (not for story, but because it's amazing) is Justice League: Generation Lost. 
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just like any tie-ins...a limited amount of importance to the actual story going on.  Still, many of the tie-ins are good stories, like the Endrun story with Birds of Prey, and some are relevant to current goings-on in stories, like the Dark Things story with the JLA/JSA crossover.  Then of course there's the "unofficial tie-ins" with regard to Booster Gold and Power Girl and the Justice League: Generation Lost story.  And then there's the one ridiculous crossover that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Brightest day, and that's the Nucleus story that began with the Brightest Day: Atom special.  Truth is from what I know, the bare essentials of what you need are in the actual Brightest Day volume, after that its just stuff of marginal importance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.