Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

Brightest Day Discussion And Spoilers

RedHurricane24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By RedHurricane24

I don't want to spoil this, but could the secret villain in the hooded black garb be Appa Ali Apsa?

No Caption Provided

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By DEGRAAF

interesting theory. Never heard of him. So how many guardians are still alive that arent part of the guardians 

there is Appa Ali Apsa - seems to have lots of motive but sounds like he's lost he mind so unless he has regained it i cant see him being the new threat 

Krona- seems diabolically smart enough and has motive but no recent motives and not totally sure of his wear abouts, plus he looks taller then the rest of the Guardians 

Ganthet - Part of the Green Lantern Corps. Seems disgruntled towards the guardians but not hostile no real motives as far as we can tell 

orange lantern of space sctor 3001 - is a Guardian of the Universe that fell to Larfleeze while trying to retrieve a box of parallax while in the presence of the Orange Light of Avarice.    She now serves as an Orange Lantern avatar . Simple motivation could be doing the bidding of Larfleeze or maybe just sucomb to the power of the orange lantern on want to collect the entities but has now taken it a step further.  

Sayd - Sayd has agreed to serving as the Guardian of the Orange Lantern Corps.  Could simply be doing Larfleezes bidding or may have sucomb to the power of the orange lantern.  

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#203  Edited By Magian
    @DEGRAAF: Krona is currently the Worldsoul of Earth One.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Magian

Does anyone know how many people died in Star City? Because I was thinking that maybe each tree in that newly created forest represents a dead Star City resident.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @DEGRAAF: Krona is currently the Worldsoul of Earth One. "

i thought i remembered that but i thought that was from Trinity series and i wasnt sure if the was supposed to be cannon or else worlds type
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Magian
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " @DEGRAAF: Krona is currently the Worldsoul of Earth One. "
    i thought i remembered that but i thought that was from Trinity series and i wasnt sure if the was supposed to be cannon or else worlds type "
    From what I know it's canon.
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#207  Edited By fACEmelter88

Whats with Eobard Thawne earning his life back? (Brightest Day #7) and in the Flash (or Rogues) Blackest Night mini he was hung upside down and had a white lantern symbol on him.....whats with that any1 know?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By DEGRAAF

the Eobard Thawne hanging upside down was from the future (after blackest night) while the one that brought back Barry was from even further in the future (when he breaks free (i think) Eobard Thawnes mission to get his life back was to bring Barry Allen back to life
    (from the speed force)

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209  Edited By Zoom

Which was of course silly since both of them were alive in the future anyways.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Zoom:
    agreed. 

Was it just me or was or did BD #9 feel like a filler? It didnt seem like any new information was given besides the conclusion Martian Manhunter had come too 

also who leaked aqualad being Manta's son?
    Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#211  Edited By Dark Walker

I don't get my comics until the weekend but man if #9 is filler that sucks it finally felt like BD was kicking into gear.  

@DEGRAAF I wish I could remember where I read about that it might help lol.  I think it was in the cr@p they do at the end of the comics now.  Those news articles, man I wish they'd go back to letter pages or just what's coming out next week in comics.  Yeah...I sometimes read those...

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Zoom
    @DEGRAAF said:

"@Zoom: agreed.  Was it just me or was or did BD #9 feel like a filler? "

Moreso than the other issues? 

Not really.  They all feel like filler, which is why I don't pay for them (except Generation Lost and Flash).
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By DEGRAAF

idk about the rest of you but this definitely peaks my interest. Hopefully if he (Hal Jordan; Im assuming thats who this is bc thats who it definitely looks like) does actually become a bluelantern again he well have better use and control of his abilities with that ring. I personally loved when he  was the green/blue lantern

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Zoom

Holy crap Generation Lost is a good book. 

Alternate universe versions of me are rolling over in their graves to hear me say Winnick is writing a better story than Johns.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Skaddix

This last GL was a waste of panels just like the last one they could have been combined. literally nothing happened.
    Random Flashforward which we know won't happen.
     Magog and Max make dumb jokes about Batman while Max who is not a scientific genius is now smart enough to sabotage magical weapons.  
    Batman and PG forget about Max.
    Fire stops Ice from being a jerk. The boys chat it up.
    Finally set up at the end 

Chapter before Max trolls the whole team when Cap Atom is basically immune to mind control with powers that can do anything and Ice cannot hold off Fire long enough for him to speed blitz Max Lord. Also Blue Beetle's Armor has autonomous control that should still work even when Mind Controlled. 
    Plus poor Ice characterization and no explanation for Max's massive mind control boost powers. Dude goes from barely controlling Superman to mind raping everybody in the world and auto mind wiping. 
    People can complain about Firestorm's power boost but at least he was always portrayed as pretty darn powerful especially once he got organic manipulation plus he has a weakness.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Zoom

Nothing happened? 

We learned that Maxwell Lord is supposed to start the Kingdom Come war so he hires Magog to kill Captain Atom before it can happen. 
    Magog augments his powers with Batman tech. 
    It is revealed that Maxwell Lord's powers not only can make people forget things, he can make people who even get close to figuring out what he made them forget automatically forget again. 
    We also learn that Max Lord has activated multiple Checkmate cells.  The JLI investigate one and find themeselves up against the Metal Men (who will supposedly become Alloy). 

That's a ton more than what's happening in any of the other Brightest Day tie ins or the main book which takes 6 pages just for Hawkman and Hawkgirl to walk forward a few paces.  Add in that the JLI is full of likeable characters, references to the beloved Kingdom Come series and a villain that is genuinely dangerous, has good character motivation and has an interesting power and it makes it one of the best books on the shelves.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Skaddix

The villian is dangerous from a Deus ex Machina power boost that has never been explained, his motivation is he hates heroes and wants world domination which is standard villain fare, and telepathy with mind control is only a rare power if you only read DC and even then not really. He also trolled the entire team when Captain Atom should have cleaned his clock in less then a second. The last two issue of BD were far superior. 
    We already knew all the Kingdom Come stuff, Max lords new found superboosted powers with no explanation was the only interesting we learned. How does a guy go from barely controlling Superman to mind wiping the whole world with an automatic re delete function? Max continues to troll JLI with another trap. Honestly, 26 chapters of max outsmarting and tricking the heroes makes the heroes look  lame with a high degree of incompetence and is ridiculous especially when they should have finished him last chapter.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Zoom

None of the Brightest Day powers have been explained.  We don't know why Martian Manhunter is killing plants, we don't know why Aquaman summons dead fish, we don't know why Hawk is Hawk instead of Extant, we don't know why Professor Zoom has negative speed force and we don't know why Captain Boomerang has Black Lantern boomerangs.  Max Lord also got a power boost.  He doesn't yet understand how he got it.  Is it a plot device power boost?  Yes.  Is there an explanation?  Yes.  Do we know it yet?  No.  Oh well. 

Max Lord doesn't hate heroes or want world domination.  He wanted to save the world from metahumans but he realized that he was wrong.  Now he wants to reform the JLI and also stop armageddon.  In doing this, though, he seems to be speeding up the doomsday clock rather than slowing it down. 

I'm not seeing him trolling the team.  He actually wants the team to succeed in being heroes but they're so interested in stopping him (with good reason) that he pretty much has to just retreat after every encounter.  Captain Atom can't stop him because he mind controled Fire to keep Atom destracted.  He's not some bad guy motivated just by hate of the heroes.  He's not Joker or Per Degaton. 

The last two issues of BD were same old same old.  Advance the plot of 2 or 3 of the characters in slight ways, reitterate what we already know, white lanterns are mysterious and bad guys are going to do bad things in a few issues so look out!  That's every issue of Brightest Day and it isn't getting better. 

We didn't already know the KC stuff.  Where did we already know the KC stuff from?  Magog's book?  Who's actually reading that?

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Skaddix

The other guys powers had minor modifications and Max's black lantern residue is to kill some of the people he tries to mind control, the only one that got a power boost is Firestorm and he at least had in explanation not to mention he was always pretty strong. Max got a super massive power boost with no explantion or attempt. He could barely manipulate Superman now he can mind wipe the whole world even powerful tp's and resistant characters seem to not even know he exists, the only guy who seems unaffected is Boston Brand. I am saying Ice should have been able to hold off Fire for the second it takes for Captain Atom to speedblitz Max and knock him out. They were trolled and more than have a dozen more chapters of this is lame.  Also just because Max says that stuff doesn't mean he is tellling the truth, if actually wanted to stop Armageddon, he would have Mind controlled Magog into killing himself in chapter 9 or 10. Instead he is going to frame the JLI, so no he doesn't want to stop Armageddon.

BD didn't reiterate anything about White Lanterns being mysterious at all in the latest chapter and of course you have to advance the plot of a few characters there are 5 different stories that aren't directly connected. And Bad guys like Manta were actually doing bad things so not it was not just reiterated. And How is that different from us always seeing Max plot is nefarious plans.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Zoom

I feel like you're completely missing the point of the story and have a very strange viewpoint of what the characters' power levels were before.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Zoom

Btw, has anyone figured out why Hawk is a good guy? 

I mean, I hate Amageddon 2001 too but Hank Hall was been pretty clearly evil since the early 90s.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Skaddix

Who knows maybe he wants to get laid by Dawn? Maybe he figures that since he got a second chance, he should be less of a jackass.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Zoom

Even if that was the case, it doesn't explain him losing his Extant powers and regaining his Hawk powers. 

Oh and issue 10 gives us another retcon.  For someone who is in love with the Silver Age, Johns sure feels the need to change everything about it.  I think I'm gonna start keeping a running tally of retcons in this series.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Skaddix

He got brought back to life the Entity can give Hawk whatever level abilities that it wants to.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By danhimself

HOLY CRAP!!! Brightest Day just got amazing!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@danhimself said:
    "HOLY CRAP!!! Brightest Day just got amazing! "

I gotta get Issue #18 now!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By danhimself
    @Jake Fury said:
    " @danhimself said:
    I gotta get Issue #18 now! "
    things are finally starting to come together and get exciting
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@danhimself said:
    " @Jake Fury said:
    " @danhimself said:
    I gotta get Issue #18 now! "
    things are finally starting to come together and get exciting "

Awesome. I didn't expect it to take quite this long but that's good to hear.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By danhimself

so did I understand what the White Ring was saying correctly and that none of the resurrect 12 will live past the end of Brightest Day???

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#230  Edited By mrtrickster
    @danhimself said:

" so did I understand what the White Ring was saying correctly and that none of the resurrect 12 will live past the end of Brightest Day??? "

yeah that seems to be the white ring's intention, after each one purified their life force white ring kills them.
    but will 12 of them actually die after brightest day? very unlikely story turns out this way
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#231  Edited By entropy_aegis

Lamest comic DC is publishing right now.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @mrtrickster:
    @danhimself:

Wait, So the ring admitted that all of them are going to die? I thought it said as long as they all do what they are supposed to then they will be allowed a second chance at life? Also it's already stated that Zoom has gained his life back.  

Can anyone give me a who's who of who's alive still, who has been sent back to the grave, and who has completed their mission and has their lives fully restored?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By danhimself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.