Follow

Brightest Day

Story arc »

Once dead, 12 heroes and villains were resurrected by a white light expelled deep from within the center of the Earth. Deemed a miracle by many and a sign of the apocalypse by others, the reasons behind their rebirths remain a mystery. But it will not be a mystery for long.

Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search for the Swamp Thing

Avatar image for jacquenette_harper
    Jacquenette_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Before 
    Before 
     After
     After
    DC has revealed the full cover for issue #1 of The Search for the Swamp Thing, and here it is!

I guessed that the front person of this cover was going to be John Constantine, but Zatanna I did not expect. I definitely look forward to seeing her in this comic.

A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By A_O_N

Yeah I might read it because of Zatanna =D

Battlepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Battlepig

The most impressive thing about about Brightest Day so far is the fact that John Constantine gets to smoke. Yeah, it's a trademark thing and all that, but at one point, smoking was a trademark of Wolverine's too. And sadly, that minor and very unimportant detail is better than the entire story of Brightest Day. But I digress.

Realistically speaking, we'll get the following out of it: More crossover mess. People will be talking to each other constantly and in every book, the same thing will happen at the same time. I will get bored but I'll keep on reading anyways because I'm stupid like that.

Hopefully, though, we'll get a couple good DC Books again. Books that are allowed to stand on their own and not be defined by what other people say about them. Actions speak louder than words, after all. But in order to be able to do something, characters need to be given space and time to get things done. Constant crossovering with everything doesn't help matters much.

... but then there's Flashpoint up ahead.

EDIT: And why is it called "Search for Swamp Thing"? I mean, they've found the guy already. He's climbing out of the Star City forest. He's right there, you don't need to find him. So if you want to namedrop the character's name, just call it "Brightest Day - Aftermath: Swamp Thing".

Avatar image for jacquenette_harper
    Jacquenette_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Did anyone else notice that in the preview in the back of some of the weekly comics it was Hawkman instead of Zatanna? Strange....

@Battlepig: John smoking really isn't impressive, he does it in every issue of his monthly, if he didn't it would be another for Hellblazer fans to complain about them doing wrong something wrong of John Constantine's character (like the fact that he is missing his very distinctive scar that should be on the left side of his face)
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

never really thought Swamp Thing could die in the first place...

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6  Edited By The Lobster
    @Battlepig said:
    The most impressive thing about about Brightest Day so far is the fact that John Constantine gets to smoke. Yeah, it's a trademark thing and all that, but at one point, smoking was a trademark of Wolverine's too. And sadly, that minor and very unimportant detail is better than the entire story of Brightest Day. But I digress.

Realistically speaking, we'll get the following out of it: More crossover mess. People will be talking to each other constantly and in every book, the same thing will happen at the same time. I will get bored but I'll keep on reading anyways because I'm stupid like that.

Hopefully, though, we'll get a couple good DC Books again. Books that are allowed to stand on their own and not be defined by what other people say about them. Actions speak louder than words, after all. But in order to be able to do something, characters need to be given space and time to get things done. Constant crossovering with everything doesn't help matters much.

... but then there's Flashpoint up ahead.

EDIT: And why is it called "Search for Swamp Thing"? I mean, they've found the guy already. He's climbing out of the Star City forest. He's right there, you don't need to find him. So if you want to namedrop the character's name, just call it "Brightest Day - Aftermath: Swamp Thing".
    Jonathan Vankin said this in an interview with Newsarama...

"After the ending of Brightest Day, Constantine knows that something in the world has changed. But being John, the fate of the world is of no great concern to him until it affects him directly. He’s seen and done too much to feel the world is worth saving, at least not by him. But then, Swamp Thing calls out to him. John has had an extremely close relationship with Swampy, historically, so he goes to a location where he knows he can communicate with Swamp Thing. When he gets there he realizes he’s been duped. Swamp Thing is not there at all. But something is there — something that apparently tries to kill him. One thing John Constantine does not enjoy is having others get the better of him. He sets out on his search for Swamp Thing as much to prove to himself that he’s smarter than whatever it is that ambushed him as to solve the mystery of what happened to Swamp Thing or to save a world that cannot exist without its Guardian of the Green. That’s how we start — but there are plenty of twists, turns and surprises along the way."

Hope that helps explain why it's called "Search for Swamp Thing"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.