Follow

Brian Michael Bendis

Person » Brian Michael Bendis is credited in 3003 issues.

Brian Michael Bendis is a comic writer, and former artist. He is well-known for his extended tenure on Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers, and Daredevil for Marvel, as well as for his creator-owned series Powers and Scarlet. Bendis' work has earned him five Eisner Awards.

Zac Efron To Star In Bendis Adaptation

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    The Teen Choice Award is a surfboard? I guess trophies aren't cool enough for you kids now-a-days. Let me first start off by saying if you type in Zac Efron's name into Google, then click on images, you get a billion pictures of him in the same pose, at different locations... Head tilted to his right... Smile... I mean there's pictures of him doing other things, like being shirtless on a middle aged woman's blog (creepy), but it's mostly this tilt-smile thing. I guess it's his signature move...  Welcome to the Zac Efron Gauntlet.

Anyway... News... 
      Deadline Hollywood reported that Zac "Song and Danceman" Efron is joining forces with Marvel Dynamo Brian Michael Bendis to do an adaptation of Bendis' Fire ( Image Comics). Bendis will be writing the script and Zac will be playing what seems to be the main character:

The plan is for Efron to play a college student who is recruited by the CIA, only to find that he has been trained for a program that creates expendable agents.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Zac is known for his High School musical films and more recently 17 Again. He also did more of an indy flick Me and Orson Welles. Why is his story seemingly shaping up to be like Vincent Chase from Entourage? Where's Drama? 

Anywho... I've got no beef with the guy. Yes, he's a teen heart-throb. Yes, he was in three films about the horrors of high school, complete with musical numbers. Yes, he's much better looking than I am, except for the hair. But, the one thing I actually "saw" him in that I thought he was pretty good in made me change my mind: Robot Chicken. I give instant respect to anyone on that show. It shows that they got a good sense of humor. As Deadline Hollywood mentioned, he could be one of those transitional actors that makes it from teen to adult actor. 

No Caption Provided
    Who knows? Maybe he'll be an academy award winner one day. He's teamed up with an excellent writer, one who probably sees great potential in him. I've never read this graphic novel, nor can I find it on ComicVine, but if it's anything like the rest of Bendis' works, it should be a darn good story. 

The project has the steady hand of Neal Moritz, who’ll produce with Circle of Confusion’s David Engel. Efron and Alchemy Entertainment’s Jason Barrett will be exec producers.

The film has a home, a great writer, and an actor who probably hasn't had the chance to show his full potential. 
    What do you guys think? (Preparing for Zac Efron hatred...) Will this Dynamic Duo make a great film? Anyone read this graphic novel?
    Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Queen's Halo

This is like the 28th bad news i received today.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

actually my problem is with bendis i havent seen any of zac efrons work so i dont know whether or ot hes a good actor

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AngelFrost

Yes, I think this is good news.  (:
    People just judge Zac on High School Musical. ¬¬ so what if you didn't like it, because it wasn't your type of movie, He was atleast good in it.

I for one, think Zac is a good actor, very attractive and an entertainer aswell, with a great voice. ^^ So, I'm glad he's branching out into other genre's. I think he'll be great in the movie. 

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Vortex13

LOL, I hadn't actually noticed the head tilt smile thing but you are correct. As long as it isn't a teen flick I might see it, however since it is supposed to have Efron I will not see it theaters. Me surrounded by googly eyed tweens and teens no thank you.... maybe I will go actually, and I'll bring my hammer!

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SevanGrim

Zac is good. never read Fire.  my fear here is that a comics movie is going to come out, and there will be more teenaged girls at the midnight showing than out of shape weirdos. 

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By EisforExtinction

He was also on Entourage. 

If I remember correctly he was Adam Davies' client that Ari stole. They also had this older lady ask him for an autograph. Good stuff.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @AngelFrost said:
    "  I for one, think Zac is a good actor, very attractive and an entertainer aswell, with a great voice. ^^ So, I'm glad he's branching out into other genre's. I think he'll be great in the movie.  "
    I'm glad someone thinks he's a good actor who has seen his films. I'd like to see something he was in, so I could let people know the type of actor is, but the only thing I'm compelled to see in his body of yet, so far is Me and Orson Welles. Maybe I'll netflix it.
    Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Queen's Halo

I have seen his movies, but I still hate him. Or maybe it's Bendis. Everything he get's his hand on I hate. One thing I can say Efron has on his side,is that he's hot.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost
    @inferiorego said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    "  I for one, think Zac is a good actor, very attractive and an entertainer aswell, with a great voice. ^^ So, I'm glad he's branching out into other genre's. I think he'll be great in the movie.  "
    I'm glad someone thinks he's a good actor who has seen his films. I'd like to see something he was in, so I could let people know the type of actor is, but the only thing I'm compelled to see in his body of yet, so far is Me and Orson Welles. Maybe I'll netflix it. "
    I've seen him in High School Music 1,2 & 3 and he was definately good in that. (:   I hear he's really good in 'Me and Orson Wells' .
    Justize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justize
    @Queen's Halo: you do realize he is a good actor? Don't let High School musical cloud your mind.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Vortex13

I have no idea how he is as an actor I have not seen any of his movies, just not my cup of tea. I have nothing against him, but I will never see a movie of his in theaters. Simply because I hate everyone younger than me and he's a teen/tween sensation so that would mean I have to be around annoying giggly girls. If he is in a rated R film that looks good I'll see that in theaters because most of those girls will be locked out of it, HA!

JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JackAs

Who?

marcelo2169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marcelo2169

I hate that guy!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

I won't lie...I saw 17 Again (mostly because for some reason I think that Matthew Perry is kind of funny) and Zac Efron wasn't that bad in it

JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JackAs

He wasn't. He's got pretty good acting skills. He did pretty damn fine in 17. I don't hate him (why do people hate him?) so I really could care less....

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Queen's Halo
    @Justize: I have so many thing clouding my mind, it's carzy.

PS. I have never seen High School Musical. I saw him in the movie he was old then young and on SNL.
    Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sylar0
    @Grim:
    Yeah I know I don't want to be with my friends at the movies surrounded by a bunch of girls that are worshiping this guy that could make Boostergold look like an awesome person. BYthe way me and my friends are out of shape wierdos.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By sora_thekey

I think the reason most people are dreading this idea is because they stereotype Zac Efron with Musicals... and yes he has done 4 musicals (3 High School Musicals and Hairspray) 

...but he is a good actor.... 17 Again was a movie I watched because Mathew Perry is my favorite actor.... and yet Zac Efroon was good in that... 

Plus bendis has always been a good story-teller... 
    Some people want to try out diferent genres.. well that's fine...!
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

being in a bad movie doesnt always mean bad actor
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @marcelo2169 said:
    "I hate that guy! "
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By hdorman1

No Caption Provided
    zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By zombietag

jeeeeeeeez i thought this was for spiderman for a second. i was about to say just trash the movie now haha

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Citizen 14

This is a sign that the Apocalypse is coming.

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By drawme

I honestly like Zac Efron and I think he´s a good actor.
    This could work.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.