Follow

Brian Michael Bendis

Person » Brian Michael Bendis is credited in 3003 issues.

Brian Michael Bendis is a comic writer, and former artist. He is well-known for his extended tenure on Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers, and Daredevil for Marvel, as well as for his creator-owned series Powers and Scarlet. Bendis' work has earned him five Eisner Awards.

Is Brian Bendis the best Spider-Man writer?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

He catches the right spirit of Peter in every book he writes him.....what do you think?!

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MideonNViscera

I think I've only read him writing Spider-Man in The Pulse, and I kind of liked that. Urich knowing he was Peter made sense. The rest of my memories are all Avengers related where Spidey mainly just makes jokes, which is fine for a team book like that.

I would like if Bendis went to ASM after he's done with X-Men. Then I could really see for sure.

He created Ultimate Spider-Man so I don't count that. It's not Spider-Man, it's Ultimate Spider-Man.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He created Ultimate Spider-Man so I don't count that. It's not Spider-Man, it's Ultimate Spider-Man.

C'mon,Peter is written good....

SirJig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SirJig

He turned 616 Peter into a one-note clown during his entire Avengers run. Bendis does not even crack the top 50 of Spider-Man scribes.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@sirjig said:

He turned 616 Peter into a one-note clown during his entire Avengers run. Bendis does not even crack the top 50 of Spider-Man scribes.

not even remotely true

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PunyParker

@sirjig said:

not even remotely true

Yeah,this is excessive.

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

He's my favorite, almost all of ultimate spiderman is consistently great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.