Captain Cascader & G-Man Talk About The POWERS Comic

Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

#1 Posted by BrainDawg (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Stuff is exactly how i feel about the book aswell. I had the pleasure of reading the image-era series through a friend of mine and enjoyed it immensely. Glad you mentioned DC's Gotham Central since its another great series, (that died before its time) with the similar concept of a police-procedural in a superpowered world.
Both series deserve more attention

#2 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wanted to read Powers. Maybe I'll check it out.

#3 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard of The Powers, I guess I'll have to take a read based on ya'lls recommindation.

#4 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2829 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that Powers is great.  I love comics that examine what it is to be a superhero from our perspective ( non powerd people's perspective ).  Same reason I love The Watchmen, and why I've been reading The Boys. 

Staff
#5 Posted by xstefanx (16 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching this last night I actually went an bought the first book, haven't started it yet but looking forward to it. Loved The Watchmen, obviously, and as for The Boys, I had seen something about it recently, it's a good read then?

#6 Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

If only we got a cut of the sales, eh?  Let us know what you think.

#7 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
BrainDawg said:
"Good Stuff is exactly how i feel about the book aswell. I had the pleasure of reading the image-era series through a friend of mine and enjoyed it immensely. Glad you mentioned DC's Gotham Central since its another great series, (that died before its time) with the similar concept of a police-procedural in a superpowered world.
Both series deserve more attention"
I'll be sure to check out both series.
#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

is it me or that guy who lost his powers looks a lot like Nightwing of the batman animates series?

#9 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never read Powers before, sounds interesting.

#10 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been enjoying this title.  It does feel like it's lost a little momentum from when they first started but it's still one of my favorite titles each month.

#11 Posted by TheJoz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Each month?  When is the next issue coming out?  I've looked everywhere for info on the new issues, but they haven't released anything for months!

#12 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha!

#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
" Ha! "
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! : )
#14 Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

I still like Powers...

#15 Posted by OGRastamon (3 posts) - - Show Bio

After re-reading I realized that my memory had shaped it as a much better book. That's not a slam but high praise. How many comics affect you so deeply that your brain starts lying to you?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.