Follow

Brian Michael Bendis

Person » Brian Michael Bendis is credited in 3003 issues.

Brian Michael Bendis is a comic writer, and former artist. He is well-known for his extended tenure on Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers, and Daredevil for Marvel, as well as for his creator-owned series Powers and Scarlet. Bendis' work has earned him five Eisner Awards.

Bendis has become a swiper

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By tupiaz

I will let the pictures talk for themselves as I think they are pretty clear.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is not my own discovery and the pictures are taking from here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/19/swipe-file-x-men-8-and-all-new-x-men-1/

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @tupiaz: Lol it's meant to be the same because there set at the same exact time 
    tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah I get that it is suppose to tell the same story. But you could have done just the same view point you could have done a lot to spice this up imo. Swiper was maybe harsh but i feel out of the scans that you could have done something to seem different bu familiar. This could also be the artist fault and would therefore not be BMB fault.

rg56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rg56

i think it's cool that it's referencing its canon, because the x-men history is often written over and retconned

so its nice to see some continuity

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By lykopis

I found that kind of funny --- seeing the scene with two perspectives but almost the same dialogue. At least we got to have some background art this time around. So -- this goes to the artist.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dangallant984

@rg56 said:

i think it's cool that it's referencing its canon, because the x-men history is often written over and retconned

so its nice to see some continuity

yeah, I actually liked how closely he kept to the source material. I was thinking of this again especially after reading Uncanny Avengers #2, wherein it includes a flashback scene from when Rogue first joins the X-men (which Cassaday makes look just so good). After reading it, I went back and re-read the old issue, only to realize that virtually all of the dialogue in the scene had been changed. Which I think is fine in this case, because we can assume that the scene from Uncanny Avengers is actually showing us Rogue's memory of that moment, and so the dialogue itself is really only there to show us what that moment meant to her (which I thought it did quite well, actually).

But in the case of All New X-men, it seems like, technically, none of the dialogue should have been altered because we are supposed to believe that this is literally that same moment.

That any of the dialogue was altered might be a clue that these two scenes do not take place in the same moment, and that possibly the Beast has not gone into his past after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.