Bendis Confirms Live Action POWERS On FX

Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio
This is good news.  Bendis talked to MTV and confirmed that a live-action TV series based on his and Michael Avon Oeming's "Powers" is coming to FX.
“‘Powers’ is in active development as a pilot at FX,” Bendis told MTV. “I just handed in a draft to the network and we’re getting our notes from the network as soon as this thing is over. So next week I’ll get the notes, and as long as they don’t involve sock puppets and some sort of orgy scene that I’m not interested in, then hopefully it will go in the right direction.  But they’re a very smart network.  It seems like the right place for it to be.”
"Powers" gives a look at the world of superheroes from the eyes of two homicide officers.  Detective Christian Walker, himself once had powers.  It's a more realistic look and hopefully the hard and gritty edge of the comic will be in place.

For more information on "Powers" and why it rocks, check out this VIDEO.
Staff
#1 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how it's "some orgy scene that I'm not interested in" meaning to me that there may be an orgy scene that he would say yes to.

#2 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey that's cool.  Since it's gonna be on FX I assume it will stay adult oriented.

Staff
#3 Posted by G-Man (29372 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be my biggest concern.  If it was toned down, it would be almost pointless. 

Staff
#4 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo excited about this. I love powers and I love FX original shows like the shield. Could be very very cool.

Staff
#5 Posted by Bushimi_Natsumo (227 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be so much fun. Cant wait, Powers is an awesome read an to have it on FX the gods are looking down upon us for potentially great shows

#6 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHA!! Sock puppets. My man Bendis is hilarious. FX is one of the better TV networks. In fact I say its in the top 5. I'm glad he's writing the show himself. I love his New Spider-Man The Animated Series on MTV. Such a great cartoon.G-Man said:

"That would be my biggest concern.  If it was toned down, it would be almost pointless. "
I doubt it. FX is the home of The Shield. That show is almost HBO hardcore. lol
#7 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"I love his New Spider-Man The Animated Series on MTV. Such a great cartoon."
Bendis wrote that?
#8 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"gunswordfist said:
Bendis wrote that?"
Yep! Yep! Yep! I think I knew that before I read Ultimate Spider-Man
(which is probably my favorite comic book series)
#9 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo!
Can't wait.  :D

#10 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio
  This would be awesome, has there been any recent news on this project?

@Slinger
said:
" gunswordfist said:
Bendis wrote that? "
Are we talking about the one from a few years ago, starring Neil Patrick Harris and Lisa Loeb?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.