Follow

Brian K. Vaughan

Person » Brian K. Vaughan is credited in 739 issues.

Brian K. Vaughan is an American comic writer and the creator of such acclaimed series as Runaways for Marvel, Y: The Last Man for Vertigo, and Ex Machina for Wildstorm. Currently writing his creator-owned titles Saga at Image and The Private Eye at Panel Syndicate.

Ex Machina is one of the best comics I've ever read!

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Theodore

I just started reading it the other day, up to issue 25 now. This is great stuff, probably Brian K. Vaughan's best work! Harris' art is awesome too.

No Caption Provided
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AMS

Indeed, would highly recommend it to others wanting something different to read.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theodore
    @AMS said:
    " Indeed, would highly recommend it to others wanting something different to read. "
    Yeah it's great, I've read some of Y, but never finished it and I love his episodes of LOST, so I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm loving it. I love politics so it's a great read.
    Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what is it about? i always hear good things about it. but have no clue what it's really about. 

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Theodore
    @ViciousCesar! said:
    " what is it about? i always hear good things about it. but have no clue what it's really about.  "
    It about a guy who gets the ability to control machines, he's the mayor of New York City too.
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By roadbuster
    @ViciousCesar!: In a world without superheroes, one man gains the ability to talk to machines and attempts to be a superhero vigilante in New York City... after 9/11 he publicly unmasks and runs for mayor as a liberal leaning Independent and gets the position.  The story is mostly a political thriller about being in office, interspersed with relevant flashbacks to his vigilante days, and increasing threats- both mundane and extraordinary- as the series progresses. 

It is a Brian K. Vaughan independent work like Y: The Last Man, The Pride of Baghdad, etc. and is a complete story in 50 issues with a few short specials. 

The series is also pretty spoiler sensitive, in my opinion, so it's probably best to attempt to read the whole thing before venturing into discussion.  The entire series is to be hand in TPB format by the end of this month (only Volume 10 hasn't come out) and the Deluxe Hardcover Editions will be up to Volume 4 by the end of this month.  If you come across these at a comic book convention cheap snap them up.
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AMS

Indeed it is hard to talk about it without giving too much away which is frustrating but honestly it is well worth it. Very clever story.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Eyz

I love Ex Mach'!
    One of Brian's best work in my opinion!

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I concur with the OP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.