Who thinks Brian Banner Was a jerk to Bruce?!

#1 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think Brian Banner was a Complete Jerk/Drunken Pirate/ Dork to his son?

#2 Posted by the hulk user (2 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH, I FUCKEN THINK BRIAN BANNER WAS A DOOSHOFF! H e was so mean abusive to Bruce's mom.

#3 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hulk #611

Incredible Hulk #611

Incredible Hulk #611

Incredible Hulk #611

Do these answer your question?
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio

Who in Marvel doesn't have a jerk father? 

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

kind of a dumb title for a  thread......its not like anyones going to say n"No brian was an awesome dad"

#6 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Venom-Hulker_1: I must say Bruce Banner's old man got ONE thing right, he made it a LOT easier to feel sorry for his son!

#7 Posted by Eyelash30 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Brian Banner was just a flat out piece of garbage to his son. Concieved by Peter David, Brian Banner had in means NEEDED to be an abusive psychopath in answering the question as to why Bruce was emotionally withdrawn as a person in the comics last 20 years, why Hulk is a holistic emotional timebomb, and Brian represented Bruce's displaced rage and shame. The question I'd like to see is why Brian Banner was so hateful to begin with.

#8 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyelash30: I read somewhere that he himself had an abusive father and vowed never to have a son in case he too became an abusive father, unfortunately, he DID! So he became obsessed with wanting to become a better father than HIS father was. But sadly, Brian was a racist, so when he found his son Bruce building an eractor set that was way to well put together for a boy his age so he thought that Bruce must be some kind of mutant and grew violently paranoid toward him! To make up for this, Bruce's mother codelled him, but this only made Brian very jealous! Until one day she got so afraid of him she tried to leave, and this only served to make Brian even angrier! It all went down hill from there...

#9 Posted by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

you don't bloddy frickin say? heres a better question who here thinks brian banner was a jerk? hmm? case closed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.